Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking to buy a V8 Cayenne S

strees

Hi all

I am new to this forum, so please bare with me.

I am looking to buy a 2012 Cayenne S. I have tried this back to back with the diesel V6, and whilst my head says the diesel is the sensible option, the 400bhp V8 burble won me over, never mind the sheer pace of the car.

I have a Lotus Elise R, so don't really need the power, but for me buying a porsche is about the whole experience, and sod it, one needs a V8 in one's life.

So, with that pre-amble over with, is there a buyers guide on the Cayenne, or do you have any recommendations of any crucial options that I should ensure are present.

I will also need a tow bar - the local OPC are looking into the cost of a retrofit, in the event we cannot find one with a towbar fitted. Can they be retrofitted? Does the Cayenne come prewired for a towbar?

Thanks

Simon

Any car less than 3 years will be covered by an OPC Warranty, so not much is going to go wrong with that.

Diesels outsell Petrol 5 to 1, but the petrol is a much better drive

Spec wise, find the best spec you can, but they should come well equipped. Although it is worth finding a car with Air Suspension.

Tow Bars can be retro-fitted.

911UK said:
Any car less than 3 years will be covered by an OPC Warranty, so not much is going to go wrong with that.

Diesels outsell Petrol 5 to 1, but the petrol is a much better drive

Spec wise, find the best spec you can, but they should come well equipped. Although it is worth finding a car with Air Suspension.

Tow Bars can be retro-fitted.

Thanks for that, appreciated.

The one I drove today was just shy of £50k, but was a 2012 model with only had 8k on the clock. However, no air suspension which I would want if towing.

I had heard that retro fitting did not tie in with the stability management - did they rectify this with Gen2?

find one with the tow bar and air suspension, dont retro fit

but with 5 diesels sold to every petrol, a diesel may be the only option, although they also do a 4.2 V8 diesel

Well, I ended up buying one of only two v8's in the country. A 2012 Cayenne S in metallic black and black interior. Only 7800 on the clock. Nerves beautifully :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back