Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet footwell..

Voodoocars

Would you Adam and eve it. I noticed that the drivers side carpet was wet the other day. I poured some water in the sunroof channel and none came out the bottom. Hmm. Front wheels off, wheel arch liners off, drain plugs pulled out followed by just under a litre of water :eek: . The passenger side only had half a litre in it. If peeps don't belive me I filmed it and am going to put it on YouTube.
The rest of the day the car sat outside (in the rain..) with absorbent towels stuffed under the carpet as the foam was saturated.
I highly recommend doing this as mine was totally blocked with leaves and dirt so I would imagine many cayennes out there are as well.

Cayennes are heavy enough without carrying all that water 1lt = 1Kilo around aswell remove the plugs job done :thumb:

Couple of my 997's had the same problem

:nooo:

Hi,
I've cleared my wheel arch drains. Where are the sunroof drains?

Regards
Pete

Right in the corners of the sunroof channel. I had to open the roof and stick my head out to see them. The pipes run down the a + c pillars. I poured some water in the roof channel but it didn't come out of the wheel arches.

i had the same problem with my 2005 cayenne this year... must have had a bucket full in the car, as well as a bucket full in the scuttle arear! all because the bung was blocked!
took ages to dry it all out... had to take the seats and carpets out which is a headache! :x

was my drivers side that was blocked.

You can sometimes get lucky pushing something down the drain pipe, I use an electricians
pull through (bit like a very stiff bit of washing line), haven't needed to do this on my cayenne yet, but have done on numerous cars over the years.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back