Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear indicators, front fogs/side lights

TobesEtc

Mexico City
1994 C4.

The rear indicators are orange - should they be red? (Front indicators are white/clear, not orange).

The front fogs are really pitted. Have improved them greatly with T-Cut/Rubbing compound, but some of the stone chips are just too severe. Thinking of replacing them. I noticed when I had them out that one of the fog bulbs is cloudy, one clear. Is that just bulb type or an issue of some sort, or is there a reason for that? Fogs work fine, side lights (in same unit) appear very yellow by comparison to HL and other lights. Can a different bulb fix that?

Thanks!

get some of these for the side lights. They aren't cheap but they sure are good.

Thanks - ordered!

Forgot to say, you may have to reverse the plug on the back of the light socket as they are polarity sensitive.
Easy to do, but you may have to trim off the plastic keyway with a sharp knife so you can turn it round.
But it's worth the effort, they work very well and are very bright. Excellent match if you have HID's
If one of your foglight bulbs is cloudy it's no doubt on it's last legs. May as well replace it whilst it's out.
Osram nightbreaker plus are very good. Don't buy any of the super white bulbs off the bay they are generally rubbish. I always stick with Osram or philips..
ATB.
Steve.

Thanks for the heads up, sure I can reverse the flux-capacitor! ;-)

Tobesetc said:
1994 C4.

The rear indicators are orange - should they be red? (Front indicators are white/clear, not orange).
C4 should be white @ front, red @ back - C2 should be ambers all round.

....there goes my sweet post count....

I've tried loads of these bulbs moving most recently to festoon styled bulbs. The do fill the housing with more light, the ones I had before were like small dots of white light. Problem is there is too much blue in them for my taste. Can't remember if I tried Osram.

highway said:

I've tried loads of these bulbs moving most recently to festoon styled bulbs. The do fill the housing with more light, the ones I had before were like small dots of white light. Problem is there is too much blue in them for my taste. Can't remember if I tried Osram.

912 is still a nice post count!
So how do you get a festoon type bulb into the side light? I take it that's what you mean. The Osram bulbs do a really good job of filling the whole light enclosure with light. I have a picture, but it was taken during the day and doesn't really do them justice.

I'll give them a go (I ordered them last night anyway) and if they are rubbish it's not the end of the world...

However, that my new screen/scuttle is leaking IS the end of the world!

(See my recent "Dilemma" post...)

If they are the same bulbs as mine (I think they are) there is no blue 'Mrs Slocombe' tinge but brilliant white. Great bulbs, expensive, but the dogs gonads :thumb:

highway said:

Man that is anorak.

Zingari said:
If they are the same bulbs as mine (I think they are) there is no blue 'Mrs Slocombe' tinge but brilliant white. Great bulbs, expensive, but the dogs gonads :thumb:

I bought them on your recommendation Zingari. :thumb:

Citori (& Zingari) - those bulbs arrived today, exactly the packet Citori posted. Fitted/worked first time, no polarity change needed. Only one observation...the back of that packet has a pair of little pictures clearly indicating these bulbs are for interior lights, not side light.

They look great... but why the warning not to use as side lights? Too bright?

:oops: I didn't remember that. I think you will find that they are not what they call "type approved" or CE marked.
But there again, I suspect that applies to most aftermarket LEDs.
I believe that statement is more to cover the manufactures backside legally than anything else.
Yes they are bright, but not offensively so. They fill the lens up more than anything else.
I can't imagine being stopped and told your lights are too bright when you consider what modern day car lights are like.
I'm sure you won't have a problem using them. I was more worried about other type led bulbs that gave a bit of a blue light as the rozzers are not too keen on those.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back