Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who knows about torque multipliers

edge

Can anyone shed any light on the Torque multiplier ? Can a torque multiplier be used to undo the Porsche centre lock or do I need a long breaker bar and socket for that job using the TM just for the tightening process. What tools do you guys use , any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure you can use a torque multiplier on a centre lock nut, [I've only used one on a lorry wheel]
You normally brace the device against another wheel bolt as a 'Reaction point'
so you would be possibly be using your wheel as the brace point.
If you do use one remember to set your torque wrench to the correct reduction ratio of the multiplier.

1. Use a breaker bar and extension tube to undo.

2. To tighten, you will need an assistant to sit in the car with their foot firmly on the brake pedal, brace the TM against a piece of wood on the floor and tighten.

(It may sound obvious, but the wheel needs to clear of the ground for the tightening process).

Thanks for the replies Chaps.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back