Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A tale of 2 Guards Red 964 C2's at RPM Technik

Porsche News

this is certainly going to get 993 owners with NB cars wondering about prices!

2 very similar cars on the face of it, but 2 very different Guards Red 964's when you get closer

but which one would you choose ?

So to our 1st contender in the red corner, weighing in with 131,000 miles

Transmission: Manual 5
Mileage: 131000
Colour: Guards Red
Interior: Black leather sport seats
History: Full Service History
Guards Red, Black leather sports seats with red piping, Manual 5 speed, Electric sliding roof & Guards Red belts.

Major Plus Points
The car benefits from having a brake calliper overhaul, engine rebuild, Suspension overhaul, Complete interior retrim and is in stunning condition.

All for a mere £34,995
http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/964-carrera-2/

IMG_8712-597x398.jpg

IMG_8718-597x398.jpg

IMG_8721-597x398.jpg

and in the red corner, weighing in with a mere 90,000 miles

Transmission: Manual 5
Mileage: 90000
Colour: Guards red
Interior: Linen leather
History: Full Service History
Guards Red, Linen Sport leather seats, Rear window wiper, Air conditioner, Sunroof delete from factory and upper part of windscreen darker tint.

Major Plus Points
Carrera 2 964's in it's original condition

This one packs a punch at £39,995
http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/sales/vehicle/964-carrera-2-coupe-2/

IMG_8809-2-597x398.jpg

IMG_8815-597x398.jpg

IMG_8817-597x398.jpg

Personally and ignoring everything else (is that allowed?) I'd go for the second one. Merely because I can't be doing with dark interiors. I find them so very depressing.

Both are very nice.

If your looking for a car to use the first one it is. If your looking for a car to 'store' the second 'original' may be more of an investment. I think the second car will have £5k plus of work to be done depending on how leaky the engine (they all leak - we know that!) is if you want to drive it in earnest.

First car for me all the way!

Guards red with Linen interior and 90K miles on the clock? If it wasnt for the fact its a C2 i'd be heading home to look in my garage :eek:

Cant go wrong with that combo, but wipe your feet please :puh:

Chris

We know it's all about Mileage

but what I find fascinating about these 2 cars, is that the 131k mileage car has had i) brake calliper overhaul, ii) engine rebuild, iii) Suspension overhaul, and a iv) complete interior retrim and is still worth £5k less than the 90l mileage car !

:dont know:

this is where we need the 964 version of Zingari for pricing..... :D

:hand: They're clearly underpriced in my view :grin:

Mileage is seen as less an issue on 964 as it tends to be about work done, usability and tasteful mods. Having said that some will still go after an original car with as low as mileage as possible and likely never use it to its full potential nor do any mods beyond routine.

A question of taste and for me I'd go with the 131k example as I prefer the sports seats and black interior. Heading north of 150k miles could affect future values but that could be a long way off.

Let's remember we are dealing with the "Last of the original shaped air cooled 911" :worship:

Zingari said:

You've been hanging out with Jontt too long. Can`t see either car being worth more than £25k :thumb:

Dream911 said:
Zingari said:

You've been hanging out with Jontt too long. Can`t see either car being worth more than £25k :thumb:

:floor:

They will soon be sold. There is a demand for the prettiest 911.

Also, I haven't examined either car, but on the face of it the higher mileage example is worth more. There is £10K to spend on the dearer one at some point.

Sunroof delete from factory

This is not a "delete" , sunroofs were an optional extra.
Just saying...

:grin:

Cheers,
Paul

I'd go for the higher mileage example with most things done, and hang on to it. Love the interior on the lower mileage example but to be honest both are probably placed about 5k or moe above what they will sell for.

Lovely cars in the right colour for a 64. Personally the only thing that beats Guards is White C2 with Cup 1's preferably magnesium with an RS badge on the back of I could be picky !

I'd keep my own GR 964 C4 with 101,000 miles on it which cost me about half the price of the cheaper car :D

RobIpswichUK said:
Personally the only thing that beats Guards is White C2 with Cup 1's preferably magnesium with an RS badge on the back of I could be picky !

Although being a tad biased I couldn't agree more :thumbs: :grin:

Attachments

• garage_193.jpg
    garage_193.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 10,973
NottsC4S said:
RobIpswichUK said:
Personally the only thing that beats Guards is White C2 with Cup 1's preferably magnesium with an RS badge on the back of I could be picky !

Although being a tad biased I couldn't agree more :thumbs: :grin:

One word : Schlumpf! Wow didn't realise you'd got a 64RS too in my fave combination.

O/T - i prefer the 1st one; interior colour; non sunroof; work done - but please, put the badge back on in the correct place asking that money :hand:

[cheers Rob :thumb: ]

Edit. Must pay more attention..it's the second one without sunroof :wack:

NottsC4S said:
O/T - i prefer the 1st one; interior colour; non sunroof; work done - but please, put the badge back on in the correct place asking that money :hand:

And straighten that Cigarette lighter. Oh sorry thought this was the 993 forum 😜

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back