Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 33
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 8
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

davidjf7
Imola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: OPC Cambridge Reply with quote

Not usually one for this, but just wanted to share my experiences...

These guys are my local dealership, and I used them for servicing (which they were well set up for and competitive on pricing) and parts on my old 993, then bought my current car from them.

Have found them to be excellent in all areas, (Kevin Alsop was great when I was rebuilding the rear end of my 993, excellent service and always gave me the best price he could).

Current car went in last week for a 'check engine' warning light. It was traced to a faulty exhaust sensor, and the car was booked in the next day for the replacement.

Wrong part turned up, which was a minor irritation, so had to go back to get the work done this week. Sharon in the service department said she'd put some fuel in my car for the inconvenience. I said that's kind but she didn't have to. She insisted and this morning gave me a full tank.

Top service, and would fully recommend them

Thumb

Maxie
Yas Marina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used them for a major service this year Thumb Was a bit pricey but still cheaper than OPC Hatfield whom I normally go to.

~ Maxie

carkid
Imola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a part from OPC Cambridge to be sent direct to the indie where my car was having some work done.
I paid for it over the phone with credit card, they said two day delivery time.

When I spoke to the indie a week or two later the part had still not arrived.
I rang OPC Cambridge to ask why the part had not arrived and according to a guy in the parts department they had no record of me ordering it on their system and no record of payment.
Anyway, that was that and I told them to forget about it.
About two weeks after I'd had my car back from the indie garage the owner rang me to say OPC Cambridge had contacted him to say they had my part ready for delivery and that I'd paid for it ??!!

I have not found them to be the slickest operation around.

Ex:
2007 997 turbo
2015 991GTS
1990 964 C2
1982 911SC

Maxie
Yas Marina

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carkid wrote:
I ordered a part from OPC Cambridge to be sent direct to the indie where my car was having some work done.

I rang OPC Cambridge to ask why the part had not arrived and according to a guy in the parts department they had no record of me ordering it on their system and no record of payment.
About two weeks after I'd had my car back from the indie garage the owner rang me to say OPC Cambridge had contacted him to say they had my part ready for delivery and that I'd paid for it ??!!

Is your assessment based on this one incident or a number of similar occurrences?

~ Maxie Question

DynoMike
Albert Park

2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: OPC Cambridge Reply with quote

davidjf7 wrote:
Not usually one for this, but just wanted to share my experiences...

These guys are my local dealership, and I used them for servicing (which they were well set up for and competitive on pricing) and parts on my old 993, then bought my current car from them.

Have found them to be excellent in all areas, (Kevin Alsop was great when I was rebuilding the rear end of my 993, excellent service and always gave me the best price he could).

Current car went in last week for a 'check engine' warning light. It was traced to a faulty exhaust sensor, and the car was booked in the next day for the replacement.

Wrong part turned up, which was a minor irritation, so had to go back to get the work done this week. Sharon in the service department said she'd put some fuel in my car for the inconvenience. I said that's kind but she didn't have to. She insisted and this morning gave me a full tank.

Top service, and would fully recommend them

Thumb

Good to hear, my car was extensively maintained there.

Another OPC trying hard is the new Tewkesbury one. My car was booked in for an oil pressure sensor evaluation, the part was new but displays erratic behaviour. They picked the car up from my workplace, worked for three hours trying to trace the problem, cleaned the car inside and out and re-delivered the car. The cost? FOC, as they said that they didn't get to the bottom of the problem.

The car will be booked back in shortly. They have said that the three hours labour is gratis and will not be added to the final bill. Very encouraging so far. I will see how it is once the sensor has been replaced with another new one.

For most other work (stuff I can't take care of), the car will probably return to RSJ though, as they are just excellent.

carkid
Imola

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxie wrote:
carkid wrote:

Is your assessment based on this one incident or a number of similar occurrences?

~ Maxie Question

Well, to be fair I've since phoned them 4 times to sort it out- every time I called the parts department was engaged and reception took my number
stating they would call me back- I'm still waiting for a call.
Not very professional.

Ex:
2007 997 turbo
2015 991GTS
1990 964 C2
1982 911SC

manicatel
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe OPC Cambridge has a fairly high reputation amongst other OPC's. I've bought 5 cars from them over the years & have always found the sales/business side of their operation to be very good indeed. Although I don't always use them for servicing, they have done some warranty work for me & again, I've found them to be very good. Martin in the servicing dept has always been helpful.
I know full well that buying from any OPC means paying top dollar, but the stock quality & customer service along with the OPC Warranty does have value to me. I am one of their lower end budget customers but feel that I'm treated as well as their more higher spending customers, which isn't always the case with all car dealers.

tikkathree
Montreal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I too got a "free" fill-up courtesy of Cambridge OPC to say sorry for a fruitless 60-mile round trip following the wrong part turning up. That's the bad news out of the way.

Back a week later, the correct part fitted, car cleaned inside and out and I was on my way very happy.

Here's where I think the really good bit comes: my first experience at Cambridge OPC was a few weeks ago when they ran a free service clinic for PCGB 996 Register. A full 80 minutes with the technician giving my car a very thorough once over and road test. I was with him all the time able to ask questions and him talking me through what he was doing and what his findings were. (It was here that we picked up the need for the replacement of a relatively minor piece of trim due to damage.)

This just two days before driving to the south of France gave me a huge boost of confidence in my car. Thank you Lewis technician.

Could I have done without the unecessary journey to have the replacement part fitted by them? Of course I could. Did it matter to me? Well, frankly as a semi-retired old git, it didn't bother me to spend a second hour or so wafting round their showrooms drinking their coffee.

Will I use them again? Of course I will especially as they're willing to collect and return the car to me at home which cuts out the "courtesy car/arrange a lift/what'll we do whilst the car's in the garage" issue.

Would I recommend Cambridge OPC to you? I'd say yes, go and talk to them and make up your own mind. Thumb

davidjf7
Imola

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carkid wrote:
Maxie wrote:
carkid wrote:

~ Maxie Question

Well, to be fair I've since phoned them 4 times to sort it out- every time I called the parts department was engaged and reception took my number
stating they would call me back- I'm still waiting for a call.
Not very professional.

Ask for Kevin, I'm sure he'll sort you out Thumb

threespins
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my C4S from them last December and it went back for warranty work in May. They came to Doncaster for my car and left me a Cayman. It went back again last week for some more bits to be rectified and they have left me a Panamera (what a motor, but that's another story)
When my car comes back it is fuelled up and all the warranty work completed. Sharon is very efficient and I am well satisfied with them, would certainly go back to them for another car. I did try taking it to Sheffield originally, but just got fobbed off.

eca02apc
Nürburgring

2003 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mostly positive experiences with them. Dan and Jo, two of the technicians are great. Kev in parts is excellent. And Sharon on the service desk is a pleasure to deal with. But there are a couple of less than helpful people there who shall remain nameless. They once tried to charge me £100 for assessing the condition of the battery. Why would anyone ever pay that when they could have a brand new Bosch S5 battery for less money?! Eventually they saw sense and backed down, but it did leave a nasty taste. All the other times they've been great.

manicatel
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say my 2nd hand CaymanS went in for a problem with the key sticking in the ignition, didn't want to come out without a wrestling match. The car was purchased from Cambridge & still under warranty.
As I needed a courtesy car, the lead time for the job was a couple of weeks. Not too much of a hassle for me. So the car went in, I had a Cayenne diesel as a courtesy car for the 2 days. Job done, car cleaned for me & Allston well. Good daily phone calls with updates on the progress, polite courteous staff, all good. Only downside I'd that the Mrs is now in love with the Cayenne, so possibly a neat bit of "up selling" going on there!
Matt.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: