Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nissan GTR great car

churny

Montreal
Had the pleasure of driving a few cars today on a experience day on the track and I have to say the GTR was awesome...........
The car had been remapped and my instructor was Jayde Kruger, what a great time I had and a really nice bloke.
I also drove a 430 fezza that was disappointing, the instructor was making me change up to quickly and to be honest the paddle shift was clunky compared to the GTR.
I had a great time in a lotus elise driven sideways most of the time and what a great handling car that is.....

I now put a tin hat on
:) I also drove a 996 turbo, the circuit was tight so not its best place to shine but I honestly believe I could have driven my N/A 996 quicker. They are great cars but do you turbo guys get the roads to enjoy them................

:thumbs:

I have driven one, GT R is a very quick car. Expensive to run as far as I know.

churny said:
Had the pleasure of driving a few cars today on a experience day on the track and I have to say the GTR was awesome...........
The car had been remapped and my instructor was Jayde Kruger, what a great time I had and a really nice bloke.
I also drove a 430 fezza that was disappointing, the instructor was making me change up to quickly and to be honest the paddle shift was clunky compared to the GTR.
I had a great time in a lotus elise driven sideways most of the time and what a great handling car that is.....

I now put a tin hat on
:) I also drove a 996 turbo, the circuit was tight so not its best place to shine but I honestly believe I could have driven my N/A 966 quicker. They are great cars but do you turbo guys get the roads to enjoy them................

Yes, I do. But your comments regarding the 996 turbo are most definitely welcome! They are at their best on flowing roads, however, after a visit to Dr Franklin of Centre Gravity fame, they are pretty impressive on the tight stuff too

:thumb:

I really wish I was in a physical position to have some seat time in a car like yours, especially to see if the diff really works. I think I'm right saying they have a mild limited slip diff fitted?

Hi
I can see the problem you have encountered. You need a bit more time in the turbo derivative. The turbo is quieter and just seems effortless. Refinement?
I can see your point on the GTR, nice car and yet to drive one. Cheap to tune too compared with Porsche as no ptax.
good to hear your views, I tried a 355 and thought the same, not for me.

I agree..an extended drive in a 996 turbo will give a true guide to its ability... theres no going back!

I'll just get this one that was doing the rounds on Facebook over the weekend on here before someone beats me to it...

:thumb:

(No, not all GTRs are driven by idiots like this chap, but some certainly are)

Yes I agree I would need more time in the turbo, but having got mine just right I best stay away from that option.

I am currently trying to convince SWMBO that the Nissan is a practical 4 seater :D

Dynomike wrote

"I really wish I was in a physical position to have some seat time in a car like yours, especially to see if the diff really works. I think I'm right saying they have a mild limited slip diff fitted?"

Yes that right

Vid

That videos a stunner that's why porches are built the way they are to keep fat useless two ats who can't drive and have no etiquette at all on a track
1 reason why I use a 250 national superkart for my insane fun track days

GT-R are amazing cars. The engine and box are fantastic. Pushed hard on track they will go through tyres /discs and pads very quickly compare to a Porsche driven at the same speed.
I have been a passenger many time in a GT-R on the Nurburgring and was amazed how hard you can drive the car......it is very forgiving , the electronic on them will keep you out of trouble. Is it a good thing ? Maybe not.
As a road car they are awesome , to drive on the track......not very rewarding in my own opinion because it does a lot for you.

A mate of mine has a GTR and says it incredibly quick but does quite difficult to live with on a daily basis and long journeys are painful

I owned an R35 GTR and was going to get another one, however went for a 997.2 turbo instead. Far superior car, faster than a std GTR, however far nicer interior and sense of occasion.

If I was in the market for a new car I'd be hard pushed to ignore a GTR. They're unbelievable pieces of kit as an everyday hack! :thumb:

I drove one on the road myself recently...........Being a passenger in one of them on the Ring was impressive but driving it myself on the road did change my view on that car.
No steering feel at all , you don't know what the front wheels are doing.
Very linear power delivery , doing high speed feel boring, I felt like sitting in Eurostar.
After a good hour driving it I come out of it feeling nothing at all !!

It must be fun to drive it hard , on the limit on track but on the road it 's boring!
I guess a good remap, exhaust , intake kit will make it more " lively"
I wanted to buy one but now I changed my mind.
With the 996TT you can feel everything through the steering wheel and I like it.
It's a bit old school but at the end of the day I think I am old school too !!! :D

Followed one leaving Goodwood this year and it was expelling good sized puff of smoke under hard acceleration ....... not ideal for a relatively new car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back