Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car Storage.

madalaa

I am thinking about putting the 993 into storage for the winter ....... has anyone used or heard of this company ........ THE AUTOMOBILE STORAGE COMPANY ....... they are based south of Hereford and rates seem very competitive for what they offer.

http://www.automobilestorage.co.uk/

Any other suggestion would be most welcome.

I have used Jordan's car storage, they are based south of Guildford and Mark, the owner is an excellent bloke. He has a number of cars in cocoons and it's always a great walk around his lock ups.

Might worth getting a quote from these guys, http://universalclassiccarsstorage.com/
They are just behind our office. Would have the added bonus that I could pop in and take it for a spin for you if we get a dry spell over the winter. 8)

I have looked at their site and it's very impressive ....... but £35 a week is too steep for me ..... but thanks ...... :)

jg .......Thanks for the tip on Jordans car storage ...... had a look at their web site also pretty expensive and without a climate controlled environment unless one goes for a car cocoon which will be even more expensive.

Andy, think carefully about putting it into storage, I got very car-sick and had to pay regular visits when I did it last year. I think £60-80 pm is fair.

I don't know what your circumstances are but there's a very good cover by auto pyjama which is a sealed bag with a humidifier in it. If I had off street parking I would certainly consider this.

Remember the Winter may be warm and wet with plenty of opportunities for a drive. If it's stored miles away you might regret it.

Thanks Kim ....... my car lives is an open communal car park and I don't think the other residents would be too keen on a car cocoon in the car park ....... but as the saying goes ...... absence makes the heart grow fonder ...... :)

It's just after all the money I have spent on the car this year I would rather put it away for a few months. I will also be out of the country for five weeks commencing mid January so I would want to know it is somewhere safe.

Thanks GP for the two links but I think I am going to go with The Automobile Storage Company.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back