Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AdvIce please

Voodoocars

whats the deal with the door locking on a 2004 cayenne? If we drive anywhere and stop, then passenger gets out (for shop for example), then comes back but the doors won't open from the outside unless I turn the engine off. That's not right is it? The wife is goin mad about it and I must admit it's getting on my nerves.
I have tried different settings from the column stalk- auto lock etc. In fact, I set auto lock off the other day but I checked today and it's back to 'on'.
To add insult to injury now the heater will have only heat drivers side and passenger remains cold... Could be up for sale soon if this carries on...

as long as you have the key in and ignition on, the door remains looked from the outside

you just need to press the door unlock button to allow external access with the ignition running

they all do it

Porsche News said:
as long as you have the key in and ignition on, the door remains looked from the outside

you just need to press the door unlock button to allow external access with the ignition running

they all do it

No they dont, go into the menu and change settings in door locks

That's interesting. I didn't even notice the door lock button.. However, I have checked and unchecked the auto door lock function on the stalk. I had it 'on' but I had a look the next day and it was off and I hadn't changed it.
But what of the heater? Just warm air on one side is no good..

Heater sorted. For now. I took the glovebox out and gave the old servo motor a clout with a hammer. Tested it a few time HI to LOW and it's working. Hopefully it will be ok fo a while.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back