Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Nurburgring trip in pictures...

kas750

Zandvoort
A short break on the m6 2 hours into our trip.My car and my brothers Turbo S.

A quick stop to check out a vintage car that Andy ended up buying.

..and then press on to Dover for a welcome stopover at the premier inn..

before an early morning crossing to Dunkirk.

Then press on through France and Belgium and then some high speed shenanigans on the autobahn..

The trip to Germany was incredibly straightforward and before we knew it Adenau beckoned.

The room was basic but clean and functional.

But a great view from my window.

By this point we had been joined by Richard and Diane in their 997.

It was getting late so time for a pizza at Pinnochios in Adenau.
My co-driver and nephew Matt was ever so slightly daunted by the size of the pizza. :floor:

The next day we had a drive over to Cochem to do some sightseeing.

..and very pretty it was too.

..and later we had a ride over to the ring and watch some cars and action.

..and then it was our time for a go!!..Yikes!!

and what can I say?..Absolutely incredible and everything I thought it would be and more.A great few laps!

The brakes took some punishment!

The next day we had a ride over to the circuit and visitor centre..

and then a spot of lunch.

..and we saw you know who.

..having a welcome cuppa after wheeling her GT3 around the 'ring all morning..its a hard life!

Before we knew it the time had come for the trip home..doh!

We did a little detour to Spa..

and then back to the ferry,but not before we packed our cars solid with boxes of wine.

The extra weight took its toll on Andys front spoiler when boarding the ferry though!

The tour was nearly over and what a fantastic trip!

and these are the facts and figures from my trip..What a car! :worship:

Great post and photos Kas! We went back in 2011 and yr thread brings it all back...awesome place!
Pinochios is a great restaurant isn't it and very welcoming.
Cheers for sharing
:thumb:

Great story. Need to do this. :thumb:

What about the 'steak on a stone' :dont know:

I must say that Premier Inn looked up market. Obviously no swingers parties allowed in that gaff :what:

After my short trip to the Black Forest this year I was determined to go back again in 2015.

Going via the 'Ring was a 'maybe'. Thanks to you it's now a 'probably'. :thumb:

When you get to Adenau and the surrounding areas and those within the 'ring, you enter a totally surreal world where normal,everyday life goes on whilst in clear view and within earshot the sound of screaming engines is never far away.
You may think I just picked out the Porsches to photo but honestly they are absolutely everywhere! We saw one Ferrari on the entire trip!
Its a totally spellbinding place with very pretty places to visit and very friendly locals along with great food and drink.
I cant wait to go back. :thumb:

Looked like a nice trip.
I get there as often as I can. 14 years now....Love it :thumb:

..and just to say that even if you got there and decided not to go on the track then personally I think it would take little or nothing away from the trip.
It was a thrill to open my car up on the autobahn and to visit such a hallowed place and to be around so many great cars when we got there.
There are some great places to watch the action also and we spent a bit of time at Brunnchen which has great views.
Just listen to this GT3. :worship:

Good write up (pics tell a thousand words!).

Super :thumb:

kas750 said:
..and just to say that even if you got there and decided not to go on the track then personally I think it would take little or nothing away from the trip.
Nice picture story although I am not sure I agree with this bit. It would be like not consummating the marriage :D . It has to be done even if it is done slowly :lol: .

Pip

When did you go ? I was there on sat 4th oct to Tusday 7th oct . I went with my Turbo S. Did few laps on Saturday afternoon and Monday afternoon. Sunday was so foggy......unreal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back