Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Enhancement

Dashmore

Hi. In the September issue of 'Total 911' magazine a correspondent on the letters page (Bill Stephens, perhaps you might read this !) talks about his having fitted two by-pass pipes replacing the catalytic convertor and the secondary silencer. This, he says, cost about £150 and gains power and gives a nicer noise. It is also easily reversible...
Does any one out there know just what this and where the bits might be available from, and how they fit ? Cheers.

I can keep mine howling in 3rd/4th/5th with software mod only. Usually they lose the exhaust 'note' around 3300RPM, and there's a delay before hearing the induction noise at higher RPM.

abgasklappenschaltung or something, can't remember

To 9MLS: No, my car is a 3.2 Carrera and doesn't have a Cat. But the exhaust mod I quoted from the magazine would presumably do a similar thing for a non-Cat car. That is a cheap mod that released some extra BHP and gave a better sound. I used to race a Jaguar XJS and there was a simple mod of replacing the back boxes with a piece of pipe that had both these effects...

To Nocholassss: Do you have a software mod on a 3.2 Carrera that improves power and sound ? What and where available please?

Thanks both.

USA spec cars it might release some horses, a ROW car wont make much difference, sports pre silencer is what they are called, £150 for a stainless version.

911 modern ecu are 'flash' programmable, and older Porsche 911 are chip removal. If it is older type I would have to order some blank eeprom beforehand.

Regarding the exhaust mod you would need electronic flap/valve like my Carrera 2S

The older type might have this function - I will search Damos/a2l file tonight or tomorrow. 😊

Nicholassss said:
911 modern ecu are 'flash' programmable, and older Porsche 911 are chip removal. If it is older type I would have to order some blank eeprom beforehand.

Regarding the exhaust mod you would need electronic flap/valve like my Carrera 2S

The older type might have this function - I will search Damos/a2l file tonight or tomorrow. 😊

Ehh?

I'm a bit surprised that no one out there has come up with a suggestion of what this simple exhaust mod might be - or at least something similar ??

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back