Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where do I get my Fuch wheels refurbed?

carkid

Sao Paulo
My Fuch wheels look a bit tired- the metal rims are a bit dull and the black centers have faded somewhat-

I live near Peterborough.....can anyone recommend a company who will take them and bring them back looking mint?
I understand they may need to be anodized and it ain't cheap.

Contact Chris @exel wheels, he'll sort trouble/hassle free. He's the only one I use for wheel refurb and tyres. He's refurbed 2 sets of magnesium cups for me and they are a challenge!
:thumbs:

I've had a scout on the Exel website but there is no mention of Fuch wheels-
I understand numerous companies do the normal alloy wheels/powder coating etc-
but anodising Fuch wheels seems a lot harder to sort out.........

I asked Excel about getting my wheels done in a retro style (black with silver petals) this was the reply:

Ok so we can offer as per attached 'Early Fuchs' an interpretation of what you like, this is a special chrome paint, then masked off in Satin Black (or other colour if you wish).

This is £500 + VAT for all 4 including loan wheel fitting at home service.

Alternatively the T911 pic is our standard Fuchs refurb in Satin. This is £420 + VAT

'Satin' option is as standard on the 3.2, silver rims, black satin centres. I like the idea that they lend you a set of wheels, so you don't have a 911 on bricks for a while.

A few of my friends in the RS owners club have used Lepsons.

http://www.lepsons.com/

Top drawer service on new and classic vehicles..They are sure to have the knowledge and techniques to do these. :thumb:

The challenge with refurbing wheels is having the car jacked up and left on axle stands at an indy or at your premises and the hassle factor of:
1. couriering the wheels to whoever you choose for the refurb
2. there is the addiitonal hassle of having to remove the rubbers before couriering as most refurbers charge extra if you send the wheel with rubber - for them to remove the rubber, re-fit rubber and wheel balance.
3. If you send the wheels alone you have the additional hassle of going to your fast-fit outlet to have the rubbers put back on and the wheels balanced.

There is an alternative hassle free solution - call Chris at Exel Wheels. His business model of coming to you, taking your wheels, putting a loan set of wheels on the car to keep you mobile, coming back to remove the loan wheels and fitting your refurbed balanced wheels with tyres is a no-brainer and good value for money.

Oh, I forget to mention, look up on PH's, I think there is thread there that states Chris manages the refurb in partnership with Lepsons! He doesn't do the actual acid dip and coating etc. Lepsons has a very good name and is very good at that! Chris oversees and mnages the refurb and double checks the quality until its right before giving you a call to re-fit your wheels.

I had all my wheels done in March this year. A really excellent job without any hassle whatsoever!

Nick Moss at early911 can do them or carlbon ( I think) over on impactbumpers mentioned above also does them

I know this thread is a little old, but the key point that hasn't been clearly stated is that Fuchs are anodised. All the usual restorers cannot or will not re-anodise. They can polish after diamond cutting the lips but that will not look the same.

Early911 and Carlbon will re-anodise or you can use a little common sense and work out how to do it yourself. You need to get a wheel restoring place to strip them, them you have to find a polisher to mirror polish the outer rims and then an anodiser to reanodise the whole wheel. Then you need to mask and spray the centres. Its a lot of work and hence why people charge what seems like a lot to do it properly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back