Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

lee's 996 C4 project thread

996lee

hello all starting this as a bit of a diary for myself but any comments along the way are more than welcome ;-)

recently picked up my new baby
a 2001 C4 with 56k on the clock
a factory fitted aero kit
sunroof
alcantara headlining
rear wiper
and theres probably more but i'm a noob to porsche stuff

anyway heres a couple of pics to start this off!

so far ive only changed one thing as it was untidy

before

after

short term plans are possibly some rear LED lights and rear plate lights
a private plate
may go for a 2nd set of rims
and after seeing this setup i might have to copy and go the ipad mini route as shown here

although have no idea if the mk1 has the same dimensions etc as the guys mk2?

plus i have some starnge equalizer thing at the lowest point in my console so will ponder n do some research on that!

any comments good or bad or advice along the way is more than welcome :thumb:

heres a pic of the centre console to show what I mean about the equalizer

Always good to have a project on the go, looking forward to the updates.

all looking good :D

996lee said:
heres a pic of the centre console to show what I mean about the equalizer

IMG-20140906-WA0000_zpskmocqczq.jpg

ICE from that era, was fine but the tech has moved on considerably, just take it all out and replace it with modern gear

keep us posted

been out working in canada for the last 7 months but back in the uk in a couple of weeks missed driving her and cant wait to get back behind the wheel and take the keys back off my mate who's been keeping it ticking over etc
while out in canada decided id buy this

and a pic of it in the bay of a 997 but you get the idea ;-)

i know most people are not fans of induction type kits and believe me im under no illusion that im gonna gain anything bar noise and a slightly sexier looking engine bay!

will post pics up when its fitted and a little vid if it sounds nice

next up and also to aid in the sound will more than likely be a kline exhaust system 8) which from what i read is less frowned upon :lol:

The induction kit looks lovely! Bet you can't wait to fit it. Looking forward to seeing the updates. :thumb:

got back to the uk this morning and had a parcel waiting for me! some dectane LED rear lights so got round to fitting them

a comparison pic

and all done

all working no errors etc
and will take a quick vid once it gets dark to show them in action
unfortunately it started raining as i was about to fit the induction kit! :roll:

had an unexpected bill today after a blowout on the motorway

£210 for a new bridgestone s02 and nowhere had a 285/30/18 in stock so couldnt get one till 2morrow
and judging by the inner wear there (drivers side rear wheel) looks like a alignment might need doing too! :roll:

ouch

quick pic just showing the brake light matching the 3rd brake lights etc
and if the weather is ok in the morning i'll get that induction kit on and do a quick vid!

and looking at that pic i can see my tailpipes need a good polish too :oops:

nice mods. Blowout looks scary.
Looks like a Bridgestone S02 F1.... I had those on mine. Same thing happened to me too. :splat:

1076b0a031150aea2a3aa8dbd06c30c3_zps900c0b33.jpg

Needless to say, I won't be putting them on again.

hhhhmm does seem a little suspicious :?:

and ref front LED's dont think i've ever seen any i thought looked good but if im honest not really checked many out

well got it fitted today video is uploading but for the time being heres a before and after

before

after

i've just taken her for a quick spin but roads were too busy to open the taps too much but it now growls like an absolute animal!

and heres the vid of it with a few revs! didnt get a before vid but it was a lot tamer than now

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back