Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gap Insurance

SockToy

Monza
Anyone think gap Insurance (return to invoice) is necessary on a high spec 13k 2009 c4s?

I'm worried that the parkers/glass values are thousands below the value I paid, due to mark up on options, condition, outstanding warranty, etc

Probably insuring with directline. Necessary?

I wouldn't bother unless new or very nearly new.

I used to sell the product and took it myself on a couple of cars. You need to have a look at a product, pay particular attention to the maximum policy benefit and then consider the risk vs premium. I personally never went for traditional GAP, I opted for Return to Invoice.

Note, this is a personal opinion. I am not authorised to advise on or sell Insurance based products.

Funnily enough I went return to invoice. 120 quid for 3 years, capped at 10k. Based on Parkers, and assuming the car doesnt massively appreciate, that should close any quibbling.

In the UK car Insurance is a requirement by law. GAP Insurance insures you against depreciation of the value of the car, this is an option and not a requirement.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back