Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 2015/16 model

wizard993

Donnington
2016-Porsche-911-Carrera.jpg

2016-Porsche-911-Turbo.jpg

http://2015carreviews.com/2016-porsche-911-turbo-carrera-spy-shots/

I wonder if a manual box will no longer be an option on the 911 range :?:

wizard993 said:

It is widely known to have been a bit of an afterthought for the 991, is by all accounts not very good and extremely rarely specified... If it isn't dropped on the facelift it surely must be on the successor to the 991 I reckon...?

Disco said:
wizard993 said:

It is widely known to have been a bit of an afterthought for the 991, is by all accounts not very good and extremely rarely specified... If it isn't dropped on the facelift it surely must be on the successor to the 991 I reckon...?

Not so sure. The manual box now has some marketing value. PDK cant really be bettered technically, at least not enough to be discerned by average Joe 911 bucket lister so we may end up in a retro world where "authenticity" and "feel" are more important than outright techno numbness. Cayman and Boxster still have a manual 'box and a very good one by all accounts.

I think the manual will be dropped. If you can't have a manual GT3 then what's the point of it lining up in the daily driver range.

Senoj said:
Cayman and Boxster still have a manual 'box and a very good one by all accounts.
I'll vouch for that; fantastic feel of the manual including the close-to-hand gear lever in the 981. If the forthcoming GT4 is manual, I am guessing that will be the (enthusiastic) Porsche of choice.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back