Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Gone bannanas --Any Clues ?

Wylecoyote

Silverstone
Just jumped in the car to get Mrs from the station , no sound , no radio -nothing -was fine 25 mins before

Telephone works /sat nav sound works but no sound from radio or cd or Ipod -- radio settings even dissapeard for a while

have i reset something in error or am i just being thick ? :-(

maybe its just having a mild one -- i had the sat nav upgrade not long ago - so should be up to date

I had this, the car was very warm from the sun, had no sound and the radio disappeared. Reset the car but did resolve, drove to the dealer and was still playing up. Technician cam to the car with me and it was all fine. Been a couple of months now and not seen anything. I did have the postcode update done a few days before. That's all I know.

thanks for the info .

i came in , left it a while , had my tea then went out armed with the PCM manual (makes war and peace look lightweight :))

then bang re started and it all came on again ,,,,,,,,,,, crazy

wouldnt say it was in the sun and hot so maybe just a glitch . dont you hate it though when you go to the garage and the problem has dissapeared . :?

Best to film the problem so you have a record.

Didn't that guy on YouTube, who filmed his 991 'issues' also mention the PCM played up...?

Can't recall exactly but might be the same issue.

:?:

Wylecoyote said:
-- i had the sat nav upgrade not long ago - so should be up to date

I had my Nav updated a few weeks ago with the full postcode and it's still fine (touch wood)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back