Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GoPro Mic

bryce

Spa-Francorchamps
Sound quality seems reasonable with open case on Hero3 however id like to improve it. What mics are you lads using?

Bought a generic £20 jobbie from maplin, powered, and extension cable.

Found the mic works fine without the power unit with the cable run through the firewall and attached to the rear number plate to reduce wind noise. Does clip a bit on full throttle about 4k rpm+, so may need some dampening. Still, much better sound than the case alone, especially if you decrease the treble in post-production.

Search for "stereo tie clip microphone" on maplin site, or try code L36AL.
The one I got was almost exactly the same, but I think about £10 cheaper. I use the clip to attach it to the number plate up near where the number plate light is. Moderately discrete. The cable is threaded out the tow hook hole, and even managed to get the cover back on with a little blurring away on the inside of the cover.

Sorry the ipad doesn't want to let me copy a link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back