Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1982 Porsche sc advice needed.

carkid

I have just purchased a guards red sc and it's very nice but there's just a couple of things that need doing to restore it back to original.

Obviously it should be single exhaust but at some point in the car's life someone has fitted a twin exhaust-in order to accommodate this second
exhaust pipe they have cut a hole in the offside of the rear valance......
is there a decent secondhand Porsche parts outfit where I could source
a rear valance so when I fit an original single exhaust system it looks correct?
Also, the steering wheel is not original, anyone got an original SC steering
wheel for sale or know of one?

thanks

Give Richard at Performance-Porche a call he might be able to help. 01484 721 559

Lost count of how many they have recently broken for parts including trying to crate a front bulkhead for shipping to Singapore :what:

Otherwise it's Douglas Valley where there will be a delay on the phone as they cross reference the OPC price and then deduct circa 15% from that to give you their 'bargain' price :grin:

thanks for that- I'll giive him a bell

Zingari said:
Otherwise it's Douglas Valley where there will be a delay on the phone as they cross reference the OPC price and then deduct circa 15% from that to give you their 'bargain' price :grin:

Douglas Valley are ace!

(If you are Monty Brewster)

Even in my Lotus ownership I from time to time called them, it went like this:

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
Hi, is that Douglas Valley?

hunav.jpg
Yeah, I mean what the hell is it you want, I'm busy...

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
I'm looking for a part, it's for a...

hunav.jpg
Screw what it's for mate, how much have you got to spend, we are very busy...

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
Well if you have one I have about £150 to spend if it's in good condi....

hunav.jpg
Look, we have three and they are all £200, these things are more than that new you know.

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
But your parts are not new are they?

hunav.jpg
No.

rsz_dsc00839.jpg

They are hastily unbolted from partially stripped accident damaged cars that have been left out in all weathers after having the real 'cream' of their value stripped off and shunted on Ebay months if not years beforehand.

hunav.jpg
You have dealt with us before right?

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
Yeah, So how much?

hunav.jpg
£150 but no guarantee on it's condition or if it works or not.

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
When can you send it?

hunav.jpg
We are very busy.

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
I need it as soon as possible.

hunav.jpg
It's in stock but requires removal.

rsz_dsc00839.jpg
Ok, but when can you send?

hunav.jpg
I want to kill you and play with your blood.

And that's about 90% accurate, apart form the very end bit (it being in stock).

Lol! at this... I am no more than 4 miles from douglas valley, yet I would happily drive 200 to collect parts from elsewhere.

They always get a slating DV are they that bad?

Crimp a Length! said:
They always get a slating DV are they that bad?

Bad service high pricing and poor quality is not actually a 'crime' so to speak, so it goes unreported, the rise in gay rape on the underground however IS a crime but also does not get reported.

However I'll risk the tube over DV any day.
:thumb:

I could never have foreseen that starting a thread regarding a 911SC would lead to unreported gay rape being mentioned.

carkid said:
I could never have foreseen that starting a thread regarding a 911SC would lead to unreported gay rape being mentioned.

Ahhh...

But you have never been to Douglas Valley.
:thumb:

Ahh.....correct- I've never been to Douglas Valley but I have been a victim of gay rape*........

*NB. that's not actually true, and apologies to anyone on this forum who has been a victim of gay rape-it's no joking matter.

Go to DV, then you can talk with experience AND you will get to walk away with some used car item that will neither match it's description or value but will however be optimistically described as being useful...

...useful only in the 'The balloon is coming down shed some ballast' scenario, and none other.

:hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back