Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project 3.2 Let's get serious! A Stuttgartmetal Adventure

stuttgartmetal

Magny-Cours
Sitting quietly outside my window is my 1986 Carrera 3.2 Coupe.
Krystalgrun metallic, sitting on 6 and 7 inch Fuch alloys, this was the first Porsche I ever had.
112,000 miles, Ive had it ten years.
In that time, I bought my first 993, and this was put into storage. I wasn't too sure about 993's and didn't want to part with the 3.2, because finding another would be a real problem in this condition.
I did 4 grand on it at Paragon having the 915 rebuilt, and a sachs power clutch put in.
For all the G50 efellatio they get, the 915 box was the one in the 2.7RS.
Proper mans box, and when rebuilt made all the difference.
The engines sweet, and I put a complete new exhaust on it before it went into storage.
The 87 interior as standard, with widebody seats.
This car is factory standard, except for the 964 screen upgrade.
Refurbished injection system, brain recon, new fuel pump, recent new discs all round.
Its a flyer as well. Ive topped out the speedo, on the M4 one Sunday night, chasing a 965 LHD for 15 minutes. That was a quick journey home.
Now we're in this air cooled bubble, its time to move this on, so its going to be booked in for a complete repaint.

So here we go.

Pictures later[/u]

Im ready with my Booo valuation guide when the time is right :thumb:

Re: Project 3.2 Let's get serious! A Stuttgartmetal Adven

stuttgartmetal said:
Now we're in this air cooled bubble, its time to move this on, so its going to be booked in for a complete repaint.

So here we go.

Woah, Daddy.

Move it on without the new paint and keep the paint money in your pocket. Unless you're doing a full resto, I would sell 'as is'.

It's mad out there, they don't even look at the paintwork

It's got a plate on it that I want back, so a bit of body works needed, I may as well paint the lot
It's in first class order, none of that leaky tapetty engine and sloppy box rubbish. The box is amazingly solid. Much less linear than a g 50. Being an 86 it has the gbox oil cooler on the side, and Bilsteins all round as standard
This isn't a back date special, good 3.2's are rare now, and rough ones are being backdated. It's worth more as a 3.2.
Krystalgrun is rare, and it's got the no spoiler boot lid with the big Carrera badge on. That's what I liked about it, looks proper Knightsbridge, zuffenhausen standard and all O/E

Re painted with the interior cleaned I'm going to ask proper top dough.
Probably not far short of 30k
F ck it, why not. I've got it's complete history.
I've not seen any out there nearly as good.
That aside, let's see how this big ole tale of boll cks turns out.

Pics to follow.

image_zps97ddfff7.jpg

Revo.jpg

harrow04.jpg

The only non standard pieces are the new prototipo, and the rev counter dial which Julian Reap did for me. 0 RPM at 4 o'clock.

harrow03.jpg

tachometer01.jpg

000911993.jpg

DME001.jpg

ClaresBarn2a.jpg

What model is it please? Bilstiens but no rear spoiler? Sport or non sport? Leather or pasha?I am interested if its for sale.Pm me please.

kas750 said:
I have owned 5.Whats your point?

If I offered you a 3.2 Carrera Coupe , this would be it
You should have had my arm off, until I looked into what they're now going for, I would've taken 10 grand. LOL

GOOD LUCK WITH No Six when you get it.
Call it Patrick MacGoohan.

That last one looks like a water cooled collectors car

Drive 5 miles, and go back and collect all the bits that have dropped off

I'm here all week

Arf arf

Try the chicken.........

Don't be so touchy...........

This is a sport with rear spoiler delete.
Not Pasha, dark green half leather, factory spec for year, the 86 car is streets ahead of the 84 with its old dash
Bilsteins, yes.
Sticker still under the bonnet
Unused space saver and clean front.

stuttgartmetal said:
kas750 said:
I have owned 5.Whats your point?

If I offered you a 3.2 Carrera Coupe , this would be it
You should have had my arm off, until I looked into what they're now going for, I would've taken 10 grand. LOL

GOOD LUCK WITH No Six when you get it.
Call it Patrick MacGoohan.

Whatever!..Your " whats its worth to you" told me everything I needed to know..good luck with it! :thumb:

Big Jock said:
What model is it please? Bilstiens but no rear spoiler? Sport or non sport? Leather or pasha?I am interested if its for sale.Pm me please.

The pictures hadnt come through when I posted.Sorry but I couldnt live with the olive interior.I had an 87 930 in white with the same colour interior and I thought I would get used to it but I never did.

Olives having a revival.i like these quirky colour schemes in the early cars

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back