Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S 997 or the C2 991

theshark2105

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but i do look through the posts regularly, some great info, I have recently bought a 2012 991 C2 with the manual box, I am lucky enough at the moment to still have my old 05 C2 997 Tip, after driving both cars back to back, there is no dout the 991 is a great car, but i do think it doesn't seem to have the same character as the 997 does. My other half prefers driving the 997, but she does struggle with the manual box/clutch and keeps stalling the 991

One thing i have noticed is you have to push the clutch right down to get a smooth gear change, this then puts me a bit to close to the wheel, even tho the wheel is right back

I am looking at a ECU Remap for tuning, can anyone advise me on this, I thought a bit more HP would go down well

Attachments

• photo_2_559.jpg
    photo_2_559.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 3,600
I've driven three 991's with manual gearboxes and they're naff, -very heavy clutch and a stiff gear-change, so your better half is at least trying to drive it.

:thumb:

Yeah a bit disapointing, at the time i bought it there was no PDK's in my price range for sale..but dont get me wrong i still love the car, may be in a couple of yrs i will change it for a C2S PDK

Unfortunatley sometimes members get swayed by comments such as "autos are for wimps".
You end up with a car on your drive that doesn't suit yours and your family's circumstances, and probably rarely get driven. Happened to me.

A pdk will make for a happy marriage.

Ps. Don't sell the 997 tip just yet.

Absolutely no driving experience of the 991 whatsoever, but from what I have read, adapting the 991's excellent PDK into a manual 'box is not one of the best things Porsche have done. Porsche killed off their manual options with the launch of the 991 IMO.

I would love to keep the 997 but i have nowhere to keep it, 991 on one side of the garage 2 bikes on the other

theshark2105 said:
I would love to keep the 997 but i have nowhere to keep it, 991 on one side of the garage 2 bikes on the other

Shark no offence I've been trying to like the 991, but that picture lol

Like 2 sisters the younger one is chubbier than the older one, and basically the older one would get it :thumbs: keep the 997 !

7MT is a modified PDK box so it was never designed as a pure manual, I think it only really pleases those die hard Porsche 911 manual fans. However I hear they do get smoother with use and also there has been a few incidents of sticky clutch (4 or 5 reported cases over in rennlist).

spongebob squarepants said:
Shark no offence I've been trying to like the 991, but that picture lol

Like 2 sisters the younger one is chubbier than the older one, and basically the older one would get it :thumbs: keep the 997 !

I went out with a girl in my teens then several years later dated her sister. Have to say I much preferred the younger curvier model! She was a keeper, but apparently I wasn't! :roll:

Explains why I like the 991 better! Screen/roof/side window profile is so much sleeker... less upright, so much more curvacious! Just like the younger sister! :thumbs:

PS - Now I come to think about it, there was a third 'youngest' sister - not sure I could have looked their mum in the eye third time around tho! :puh:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back