Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne purchase!

Voodoocars

After many years of company car ownership the wife and I decided to ditch it and buy something. We don't do many miles anymore. I have just put a deposit on a 2003 cayenne. Black/black, 22" turbo alloys, new tyres, just serviced/detailed,fsh, ski bag(?) and a spare set of the original wheels with new tyres.
Having been searching for some time and also looking at Range Rovers this one popped up no too far away so we jumped at it.
I hope it stays reliable and I may possibly bin the 22"s for the originals but we will see.
Any comments/advice is welcome. This is my first post on here as well and I would imagine you are a helpful bunch.

Welcome. Interetsed in the Cayenne vs Range Rover debate. By the way.

:useless:

Well I only wanted a V8 and the RR only has 285bhp com paired to 350 of the porka. Hmmm, maybe the RR interior is a bit better in my eyes but the porka is better externally I think.
What made me get this one was that it had no air suspension but everything else-even private registration plate. The right spec for what we want.

:welcome:

Congrats :thumb:

Is it on the original suspension or has it been modified previously? (I thought air suspension was standard on V8's but could be wrong). Good news though, more reliable than air and also a decent weight saving probably.

To be honest the sort of mileage we do we probably wont notice. At least it has the spare set to put on if I need to.

Delivery tomorrow. It's at a Porsche dealer somewhere near Richmond at the moment having a fog light and passenger window regulator replaced. I got it insured today and it was only £313 full comp.

Well after a bit of a delay due to being away at the weekend and the car still at Porsche centre Chiswick we finally got it today. The previous just forked out £2k in tyres, £475 for a service and £600 just to have the passenger window and door solenoid sorted.
Fingers crossed there won't be any massive bills...
Anyway, after buying it blind (risky) I've had a look round it and it's not too bad. The computer is telling me that a number plate bulb is blown and something wrong with headlight adjustment (?). It drives ok. Straight and quiet, although a tad harsh on the massive wheels (but they do look good). Got a set of spare wheels with winters on as well.

Any comments/questions welcome.

Voodoocars said:
Anyway, after buying it blind (risky) I've had a look round it and it's not too bad. The computer is telling me that a number plate bulb is blown and something wrong with headlight adjustment (?). It drives ok. Straight and quiet, although a tad harsh on the massive wheels (but they do look good). Got a set of spare wheels with winters on as well.

Any comments/questions welcome.

surely things the OPC should have noticed when doing the work for the seller ?

Yes they did. Its printed on the receipt. Why it wasn't sorted I don't know. I'll take a look tomorrow.
How does the rear hatch glass open?

Voodoocars said:
How does the rear hatch glass open?
Sounds like you need to hit the OPC up for an owners manual as well :D

I've got a wallet full of books/ manuals I just haven't read them. The switch on the door by filler cap button didn't do anything last night bug I wasn't sure if that was to open the glass. I've got all day today to go over it.
I did explain to the wife that it is not a new car and going from a brand new BMW it may seem a bit strange at first. I'll keep reporting.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back