Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parts unavailable for 3 weeks!

saqibmalik1

Hi All

I'm new to this forum. I have a 2011 plate 997 C2 which was involved in a hit and run about 7 weeks ago. I didn't get the driver's number plate, so have had to claim on Insurance.

The car was in the garage (Porsche East London) for 4 weeks and was scheduled to be returned when they called me to say that they were waiting for a Rear Wheel Hub (99733160500) which wasn't in stock. That was 3 weeks ago and I've called up practically every day to ask about the status, and all i'm told is that the part is on back order, and not available anywhere in the UK or Germany!

I've escalated this to Porsche HQ in Reading and to the Porsche centre I bought this from, but no luck. HQ were most unhelpful, because I called them 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back.

I really wasn't expecting this from Porsche! Surely they should have supplies available. How can they make customers wait for 3+ weeks..! All I was told by Porsche parts was that "this happens with Ferraris and Lambos too"..

Disappointed really.. I still have no ETA on when the part will be available and when I can have my vehicle back. Am I being unreasonable? Porsche Warranty won't give me a hire car either because this isn't a warranty claim, it's accident repair.

Thanks, I tried but Porsche won't allow it being sourced from anywhere but Porsche, otherwise it invalidates the warranty and the repair job!

That one is a Porsche one, I would buy it quick, get it sent over Priority and give it to Porsche to fit, they cant refuse to fit a Genuine part!

Oh you make me laugh.
Like Porsche care about the customer.
Oh my giddy Aunt.
And believe me, Ive got one,,or rather three giddy Aunts.

Think yourself lucky, I once tried to buy a clutch cable bracket from Zuffenhausen. They ran out of stock 24mths previously.
Escalate it to Porsche HQ?
Is that a punchline?

East london Porsche, what a scream.
They are fractionally better than that shower of Berks on the diametrically opposed point of the compass
ELP Bow wouldn't let me take some pictures of my old 993 outside their showroom, because it was against company policy.
So I just rolled up, parked the 993 on the front,, and took them anyway.
I think the sweaty looking shiney suited geezers inside never really had the Aristotle to actually ask me to leave.
Oh how I smiled at them as I took them.
As they looked out from the warmth of their showroom I waved goodbye, using just two fingers of my right hand.

Get used to it.
Porsche are out to make money, and if your engines goes.
Thats tough.
You are no one.

Attachments

• bow_porsche_edit_edit_194.jpg
    bow_porsche_edit_edit_194.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,987
I'd contact them again and tell them you've sourced a genuine part online and as they cannot source one themselves they need to allow you to get this part and fit it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back