Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need another key

moss

Hockenheim
Just picked up another cayenne, only came with 1 key, do I have to go to Porsche and pay through the nose ? Or is there anywhere else in the uk that would program and cut key ?
Thanks

Got mine and it came with 5 keys. 2 remotes and 2 valet keys. The fifth is a 3 button key but doesn't match the rest.
I want to replace the cases on the two chunky remote keys as they are a bit worn. Is that easy to do with no programming etc? Anyone done it that way?

Well I have just taken apart one of my spare key fobs. Had to break it a bit to do it as it's glued together.
Here's how:
Remove battery cover and battery.
Flick open the key.
Insert a screwdriver in the gap where the key folds in right up by the hinge.
Lever apart (takes some force).
Get another flat blade and gradually prise apart the two halves.
Don't lose the spring or the top connector for the battery.

I have a new case on order from china (eBay £5.50) and estimated delivery is sept 8- sept24.. You can fly there in a day..
I'll do an update.

The new key case arrived today so I took apart the spare. Interesting- the old case only has 2 buttons but the circuit board inside has 3 (?).
Any comments?

moss said:
Just picked up another cayenne, only came with 1 key, do I have to go to Porsche and pay through the nose ? Or is there anywhere else in the uk that would program and cut key ?
Thanks

Anybody know if a new key can be done by anyone other than a Porsche dealer around Essex UK ? :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back