Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Reg Plate

Nitro69

Hi, I'm a Newbie and first time poster so go easy on me.
I have been offered a reg plate which is currently on an old Rover.
The reg plate is:

P911 ???

He wants around the £4000 for it which I think is very expensive, what do you lot think and what have you paid?

Thanks

Hmm tough one, depends on the last three if they mean anything to you? I've seen better plates at that price, ones without a year such as 911 STC.

He's pulling a certain part of your body.

P911*** should retail at less than £1000 unless *** spells something special. On the DVLA website, for example, P911HLA has a reserve price of £250 + transfer fee (i think about £80). Shop around.

~ Maxie

You can get some good deals on the DVLA site.
I brought my plate for £250 (includes the £85 transfer) about 8 years ago and it's now worth £1800.

He must know your name, and ??? means something to you.
To anyone else would be worth little.

911 in any model is one of the most instantly recognisable cars in the world, people will have seen what the car is well before they are close enough to see that three of the 7 characters on the plate say '911' while the other four remain meaningless - THINK about it, that's a plate that is less than 50% personalised! Expensive even if it's cheap.
:thumbs:

I have put an 'X5 ???' plate on her Peugeot and on my VW Van. I have never owned an X5, it's merely to give people the illusion that I have fallen on hard times.
:thumb:

clarkycat said:
I have never owned an X5, it's merely to give people the illusion that I have fallen on hard times.
:thumb:

It could of course also be construed as "excess" and that you are this guy...

... :bandit:

:frustrated:

Just paid £2000 for 'A355GUY' to go on my Mark II Toyota MR2, the whole car is not even worth that.
:sad:

The Grindr app must be making your phone resemble a Mexican jumping bean... :grin:

chimp911 said:
The Grindr app must be making your phone resemble a Mexican jumping bean... :grin:

It's a right PITA I can tell you.
:nooo:

Back on topic

Is anyone interested in the number plate 'JS 247'?
:?:

I bought it at auction to go on my ice cream van...
:sad:

Les said:
You can get some good deals on the DVLA site.
I brought my plate for £250 (includes the £85 transfer) about 8 years ago and it's now worth £1800.

Im sure some online dealers will value it at alot more than that!

Bottom line is its pretty worthless and no one will ever buy it from you, its yours, you wanted it, youre happy so thats all that matters :D

Nitro69 said:
Hi, I'm a Newbie and first time poster so go easy on me.
I have been offered a reg plate which is currently on an old Rover.
The reg plate is:

P911 ???

He wants around the £4000 for it which I think is very expensive, what do you lot think and what have you paid?

Thanks

Can't really understand why anyone would pay more than a few pounds for a seven digit number plate with a prefix letter denoting the year

Put it on a new or newish Porsche and 95% of the population will just think it's a old P reg banger

I remember someone making just that comment when they were told how much someone's 911 was worth "40 grand, but it's only an old P reg,get away my Nissan is newer than that and it's only worth a grand"

:)

Number plates are a funny thing........

I cant get my head around someone who pays £40K+ for a car the buys a £350 plate and spaces it wrong with nuts and bolts to make it say something shyte... :dont know:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back