Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Calling dealer to order 4S today...

Rip

Currently, should I be able to negotiate any discount on a 4S, total cost, according to the configurator, £101.5k.

If so, what should I expect?

As it has 'Exclusive' options I'll not be expecting delivery this side of August but really looking forward to it!

Not sure about the right answer.
Try ringing two or three OPC's and then try negotiating :wink:

My way is to give them the full spec & politely suggest that if they could supply you (in your case) at £96,000 they would have your order today.

They will probably come back & try to meet you halfway but if you stand your ground & play hardball they will most probably give you a bottom line deal of £97,500. If not, say you are going to shop around & they will most probably agree on a figure with you (there or there abouts).

Great choice by the way. Ordered the same in April & was given a June build/July delivery but now looking at a July build/August delivery. Can't see you getting it before Sept.

Good luck.

have you considered the 991-50 anniversary spec car ?

it's certainly going to hold it's value better but only in 2wd

911UK said:

My thoughts exactly... Love those cars! Would also be my choice... After the GT3

Jamesyg said:
911UK said:

My thoughts exactly... Love those cars! Would also be my choice... After the GT3

Each to their own obviously but I prefer my 4S spec than both those :)

I think you need a face to face chat with the OPC so they can see you are serious. I don't think getting into haggling on the phone is the way to play this one.

I think you can talk to OPC over the phone - they get lots of orders of people who know what they want etc.

But the thing to do is speak to 2 or 3 OPC's which are owned by different groups - e.g. Sytner group.

They are then in direct competition rather than from the same group.

You can play them off each other and you can see how much room they have to move.

a1topdog said:
I think you need a face to face chat with the OPC so they can see you are serious. I don't think getting into haggling on the phone is the way to play this one.

All my conversations with Cardiff were on the phone, deal put to bed in April & have yet to meet them.

dickdasterdly said:
Jamesyg said:
911UK said:

Now you'll have to reveal more about the spec, that makes it special.

The retained value of a 911-50 makes it a no brainer.

As a guide, just paid £96,500 with a generous p/ex allowance for a new C4S Coupe PDK retailing at £100,250.

911UK said:
have you considered the 991-50 anniversary spec car? it's certainly going to hold it's value better but only in 2wd

This may well be its 4wd equivalent; it's certainly my favourite factory variant of the 4S.

~ Maxie :)

Well, thank you for all of the replies.

Problem is, we've bought maybe 5 Porsches from the same dealer and the same salesman over the last few years so they know we're going to buy. It's not really a 'give me a deal on the 911 or I'll be getting the Audi' kind of thing.

Where is the dealer margin? In the car or the options? Or both?

I'll let you know how I get on.

911UK said:
dickdasterdly said:
Jamesyg said:
911UK said:

. Check out my 991 4S thread (further down) :cigar:

911UK said:
dickdasterdly said:
Jamesyg said:
911UK said:

. Check out my 991 4S thread (further down) :cigar:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back