Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mpg

markleach

Interested to see what others are getting I've done 800 miles in my c4s,so engine still tight,am averaging 18 mpg.
All A roads,no motorway cruising but does seem thirsty

Mark,

Running my C4S in 'hard' by using all its abilities from the off. :)

On about 1300 miles now, and getting 22mpg on motorway, 'A' roads and town driving with PDK in fully auto mode. Got 25mpg from my 997.2 C4S under similar conditions. Mildly disappointed, but hopefully average goes up as the engine loosens. :?:

As for your 18mpg, you must have the right foot of a racer! :hand:

Interesting. So what happened to the 28/30mpg that's been put out there? Is'nt this stated on the spec on the main site?

simler is posted for the 997 yet ive never seen more than 22 on a motorway , and really ever see more than 18 on town driving :?

Rockunrolla said:
simler is posted for the 997 yet ive never seen more than 22 on a motorway , and really ever see more than 18 on town driving :?
Maybe it's based on driving no more than 35mph :eek:ld:

My 996 turbo is pretty economical without having to try too hard!

Got mine to average 7mpg at silverstone last week ,,,

Should of took a picture :mrgreen:

Late 20's should be achievable on the new 991s (base 991s should see 30+).

~ Maxie

DRZ911 said:
Mark,

Running my C4S in 'hard' by using all its abilities from the off. :)

On about 1300 miles now, and getting 22mpg on motorway, 'A' roads and town driving with PDK in fully auto mode. Got 25mpg from my 997.2 C4S under similar conditions. Mildly disappointed, but hopefully average goes up as the engine loosens. :?:

As for your 18mpg, you must have the right foot of a racer! :hand:

I'm using the car as intented,but a bit disappointed that it doing the same as my cayenne turbo,having the powerkit fitted next week will be interesting to see if it drops further.
The demonstrator I borrowed had averaged 14 mpg

I personally dont think about mpg,, not even for a second .

I fill it up and when the light comes on i go fill it up again ,,

These are sports cars with a big flat 6 petrol engine ,

I think on a priority scale if concerns of mpgs are anywhere close to when your having lunch your in a day then your in the wrong car :p

HEY.... It's 911.... We shouldn't be talking about miles per gallon, it is the smiles per gallons that counts..... :D

Anyway, 1500 miles so far. mpg...? Depends on who is driving the car.... SWMBO gets 28-29mpg combined (mixed motorway and town). She drives in PDK fully automatic with start/stop on....

I usually get combined 25mpg (mixed motor way and town) I drive on PDK Fully automatic, sport plus mode (ie start/stop off)... Never checked the mpg for just motorway... but it has to be in mid-thirties (for 70ish mph)

A

dickdasterdly said:
Maxie said:
Late 20's should be achievable on the new 991s (base 991s should see 30+).

~ Maxie
so where are mark and DRZ going wrong!

I'm putting it down to engine still being tight. The figures I am quoting are including the stop/start function being deployed (which I personally think is a neat little trick).

The official combined mpg PDK figures are:

C2/Cab: 34.4/33.6
C4/Cab: 32.8/32.5
C2S/Cab: 32.5/31.7
C4S/Cab: 31.0/30.7

Assuming the above figures are optimistic, then late 20's ought to be realistic.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back