Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick question please.

Mark2446

Hi all, my search is starting this weekend, I'm calling into the main dealers at Cardiff, David Lovett i believe and then I'm going on to RSJ sales in Slough, again to get a feel as i haven't owned a Porsche in the past and hopefully to find the right car for me.
A few quickies to help a novice please,
C2S vs C4S, i won't be using it for track days and even though i love speed it generally tends to be straight line stuff.
Is a car that's fitted with a sports exhaust the same as pse? the option to turn it off would certainly be an advantage, early mornings, built up area's etc.
Ok last one, Black vs Silver? there seems to be a lot more silver used cars for sale, maybe its just the way the market is at present, i tend to lean towards the Black as I've owned both colours in the past but that silver does look good too, silver for maintenance, easy to keep clean, far more forgiving, black when it's clean is stunning, what's your preference gents (and ladies) :?:

If going fast in a straight line is a key factor for you ..... congratulations, you won't have to worry whether it's a C2 or C4 that you end up with. Let other factors, eg. price, colour, spec sway your decision.

PSE is switchable. Other sports exhaust systems probably won't be.

Black and silver are both common. In my experience people with a preference don't like both whilst other people don't mind either. It's a very personal thing but, as both will re-sell well, my advice would be to choose which ever you prefer.

Happy Hunting :thumb:

Mark2446 said:
what's your preference gents (and ladies) :?:

I prefer ladies.
:)

But it takes all sorts to make up a world and we have a lot of tiptronic owners here too.

With the car, just drive as many as you can. Going to main agents will make this easy so don't be shy, allow plenty of time and state rather than ask what you want to try, you are in a very good position to do this and it is exactly what I would do.

Private sellers tend not to allow this, few people are interested in getting insured for test drives, many STILL believe 'I'm fully comp so am 3rd party on yours' not true, aside from the fact they don't have an 'any car' policy and your car reg is not on their certificate, if YOU won't drive your car 3rd party, why should they?

Have a day of test drives armed with the truth, that you want to buy but want to see others first for comparison.
:)

Mark2446 said:
Ok last one, Black vs Silver?

Don't buy a silver one, It's a sh0ite colour. Most of the cars on the road
are silver................I know, but mine is very rarely silver [dirty :wink: ]
and I only glimpse the front wing when I'm inside.
Seriously though, buy the car that has the best condition and history.

You are right about silver, I have black which looks ok for a day and then wants cleaning again!
PSE is great but you need the sun roof to make it even better.
I went for the options I needed, sun roof, PSE, heated seats and cruise and this dictated the colour. Get the options you want because some are not retro fit.

Thank you very much, I know or I like to think that I could get the better deal privately but and its a big BUT, with this sort of car and when things go wrong they go wrong big time (forum stats, not my opinion) I think it pays to go that little bit extra and have a good warranty for peace of mind, I'm really excited about this next car, can't wait, I haven't been this excited since! Well let's just say I'm looking forward, :Dance-Tap:
Thanks for the tips, I sort of know what I want and like a lot of things it'll just fall into place and I'll know it's the one for me, I shall keep you all posted and take the pics etc so everyone can say "how much did you pay for it" :?: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back