Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 31
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 6
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
badbadtz
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2019
Posts: 24



PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 new PASM front shocks and bump stops. Only the nearside was shot but decided to change them in pairs
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
bullet-proof_biscuit
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2019
Posts: 42



PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the X51 centre rad kit
 



IMG_0097.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.91 KB
 Viewed:  1417 Time(s)

IMG_0097.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911rpd
Newbie


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 21
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet-proof_biscuit wrote:
And the X51 centre rad kit


Whats the cost/part no on this - I remember reading about it a while ago but it was an old post and the price seemed really cheap/reasonable* for a Porsche part!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hertsdriver
Nürburgring


Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Hertfordshire/London

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is cheap (under £100) but its a very bad idea as it makes your engine actually run hotter rather than colder..... best ignored and buy a hartech low temp thermostat instead Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
bullet-proof_biscuit
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2019
Posts: 42



PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hertsdriver wrote:
it is cheap (under £100) but its a very bad idea as it makes your engine actually run hotter rather than colder..... best ignored and buy a hartech low temp thermostat instead Thumb


Oorrr; fit a thermostatic valve on to the centre radiator inlet hose AND a Hartech low temperature thermostat, like me!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hertsdriver
Nürburgring


Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Hertfordshire/London

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet-proof_biscuit wrote:
Hertsdriver wrote:
it is cheap (under £100) but its a very bad idea as it makes your engine actually run hotter rather than colder..... best ignored and buy a hartech low temp thermostat instead Thumb


Oorrr; fit a thermostatic valve on to the centre radiator inlet hose AND a Hartech low temperature thermostat, like me!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good stuff, most (like me) are/were unaware that fitting an additional rad actually increases engine temps (which is completely counter intuitive) so if you have found a way around this ot would be good if you could post up a 'how to' to help others out, especially if you have a link to the part number of the inline thermostat you've used Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C4Silver
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 272



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is achieved I believe by the engine having to work harder to keep the coolant up to temp ?

Sounds counter productive and illogical but if you read the relevant posts it all kind of makes sense ? I only read all this after I’d bought the kit, thinking that the way to go was increase cooling efficiency reduce the engine temp and hey presto...... but nope,

Any way this week....... I have mostly been buying a private plate !
😬
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jam911
Albert Park


Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 1527



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the plate?
_________________
Current '07 997 C4S
Ex '99 2.5 Boxster
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C4Silver
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 272



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELF 3R


Or TREVOR ? lock depending on how hard you squint, and stand on one leg, whilst hopping ?

Bought off a Forum member,
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
SGH
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 251
Location: East Sussex

2010 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 year Porsche Warranty.
_________________
Porsche 997.2 Carrera 4S - Carrara White / Cocoa
Defender 300Tdi 110 HCP - Keswick Green
Connect L2 Double Cab - Moondust Silver
VW California Ocean 150PS DSG - Reflex Silver
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Brunty88
Newbie


Joined: 01 Apr 2019
Posts: 32



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 of these
 



IMG_2719.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Viewed:  1188 Time(s)

IMG_2719.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6727
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C4Silver wrote:
ELF 3R


You might get a bit of this when you're out and about...











Grin
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
C4Silver
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 14 Aug 2019
Posts: 272



PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all this name calling malarkey had been ostracised now with all these snow flakes and gender fluidity nonsense ?

I thought now would be a good time to purchase, so I can take shelter from the dwarfe throwers.......

Surprised

Highhhhh HOOOoooooo !!!!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
badbadtz
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2019
Posts: 24



PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

991 steering wheel Cool
 



IMG_20190927_090705.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  488 KB
 Viewed:  1083 Time(s)

IMG_20190927_090705.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
tony_i
Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2017
Posts: 19



PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badbadtz wrote:
991 steering wheel Cool


Is that an Android head unit?
How do you find it?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
badbadtz
Newbie


Joined: 27 Jul 2019
Posts: 24



PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony_i wrote:
badbadtz wrote:
991 steering wheel Cool


Is that an Android head unit?
How do you find it?


Nope that's stock HU
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jam911
Albert Park


Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 1527



PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New exhaust gaskets and stainless exhaust bolts.

Glamorous I know.
_________________
Current '07 997 C4S
Ex '99 2.5 Boxster
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
splattric
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Posts: 23
Location: buckinghamshire


PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a common theme.
New exhaust gaskets (had a slight blow on one of them) and stainless exhaust bolts
_________________
997 C4S - sold
997 turbo
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
bullet-proof_biscuit
Newbie


Joined: 10 Jun 2019
Posts: 42



PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C4Silver wrote:
This is achieved I believe by the engine having to work harder to keep the coolant up to temp ?

Sounds counter productive and illogical but if you read the relevant posts it all kind of makes sense ? I only read all this after I’d bought the kit, thinking that the way to go was increase cooling efficiency reduce the engine temp and hey presto...... but nope,

Any way this week....... I have mostly been buying a private plate !
😬


No, the thermostat is on the coolant inlet side of the engine, so the extra radiator capacity makes the coolant 'cooler', this cooler coolant then hits the thermostat when coming into the engine, causing the thermostat to close... Causing the engine to run slightly hotter.

The centre radiator thermostat opens only when the factory radiators & fans cannot maintain the coolant temperature, thus diverting to the extra radiator only when required, reducing 'excess' cooling capacity and the above closing thermostat scenario.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hertsdriver
Nürburgring


Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 468
Location: Hertfordshire/London

2004 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet-proof_biscuit wrote:

No, the thermostat is on the coolant inlet side of the engine, so the extra radiator capacity makes the coolant 'cooler', this cooler coolant then hits the thermostat when coming into the engine, causing the thermostat to close... Causing the engine to run slightly hotter.

The centre radiator thermostat opens only when the factory radiators & fans cannot maintain the coolant temperature, thus diverting to the extra radiator only when required, reducing 'excess' cooling capacity and the above closing thermostat scenario.


Hertsdriver wrote:

Good stuff, most (like me) are/were unaware that fitting an additional rad actually increases engine temps (which is completely counter intuitive) so if you have found a way around this it would be good if you could post up a 'how to' to help others out, especially if you have a link to the part number of the inline thermostat you've used Thumb


thumbsup
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 136 of 138

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum