Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 carrera 4S

markleach

Considering a new carrera 4S in agate grey PDK,would welcome any feed back from anyone on here running one

Hello and welcome, as far as I am concerned the 991 4s is awesome. I have owned only 2 Porsche cars 997 gen 2 4s and 991 4s the 991 is far superior to 997 in every aspect it's that simple. The PDK is pure genius, the ride in the 991 is far better. :judge:

You will not regret your choice.

Good luck with the search & purchase.

Thanks for that,have found a new car available but very high spec over £108k
Just worried about residual come trade in.With previous cars the cost of the extras are wiped off as soon as you put it on the road

Welcome Markleach
First and foremost can i congratulate you on your taste! I have an agate grey c4s and it is a truly sensational car... I spent weeks deciding on the spec (as i suspect most do) and ordered it in march. It finally arrived 2 weeks ago and i haven't stop being impressed and delighted since. I've had AMG previously but there is simply no comparison in feel / handling / joy.
I went for pdk, sport chrono and black/platinum interior and PSE to name but a few options... If you want to know more about these or any other options just post your questions here...
Good luck on your search...!

To be honest that's not out of the ordinary price wise for this model... And you should be able to get a small discount

Swapped my 997 Turbo S for a 991 C4s about 3 weeks ago and to be honest the 4s is absolutely fantastic to drive.
Just come back from a 4 night trip over to France with a few other Porsche's,
2000 miles of bliss in a mixture of sunshine, rain and a bit of hail, the car was just superb, OK it lacks a bit of the Turbo low down grunt but for me it was far more fun and rewarding.
steveJC

stevejc said:
Swapped my 997 Turbo S for a 991 C4s about 3 weeks ago and to be honest the 4s is absolutely fantastic to drive.
2000 miles of bliss in a mixture of sunshine, rain and a bit of hail, the car was just superb, OK it lacks a bit of the Turbo low down grunt but for me it was far more fun and rewarding.
steveJC

Very interesting because the other car I was considering was a997 turbo s
Don't you find the C4s down on power compared to the turbo

In terms of colour, spot on. Agate Grey would be my first choice, looks really good.

markleach said:
stevejc said:
steveJC

Very interesting because the other car I was considering was a997 turbo s
Don't you find the C4s down on power compared to the turbo

Yes the C4s is down on power from the Turbo especially at the low end but as long as you realize this and make the engine work it is OK.
For me, I like the higher revving and the exhaust noise, so much more drama in the N/A car . Turbo's are often boring, fast, well !, very fast but with often something missing.
I've had 2 997 Turbo's a 997 gen 1 and the Gen 2 Turbo S both epic cars, but once i had got that buzz from the quick acceleration I wanted more and I don't mean power.
At the moment I find the C4s great great fun.
SteveJC

That's what I would go for next, if I had to......

Thanks for posts, deposit placed,should get the car next week as it's a showroom car so already prepped just need to get it registered and I'll pick it up soon as
Cheers mark

markleach said:
Thanks for posts, deposit placed,should get the car next week as it's a showroom car so already prepped just need to get it registered and I'll pick it up soon as
Cheers mark

Well done, good work.

Mine's arriving in about 6 weeks, counting down the days now.

Had a 991 4S on test for a few days and imo easily beats all of the previous cars that I have been fortunate to own (AMG's, Bentley Continentals, XKR's & Porsche Turbo's). An unbelievable beast to drive :)

Wouldn't a 2wd be more fun/chuckable?

Certainly found that when going from a C4 to a 2S, but then I drive a Turbo now, so what do I know...? :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back