Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mid Sussex OPC - whats your experience?

a1topdog

Anyone care to share their experiences of this OPC - so I can work out if its just me that is not impressed.

I'm new to 997 ownership and these are my experiences with them so far.

PPI + Warranty Extension + over rev check
I get a call to say PPI is all fine , can I pay the £1200.
When I question if the PPI was 100% clean the guy has to go and find the report. Then he reels of a list of advisories - estimated cost to fix £800.
I then question if there have been over revs (I had asked for a report when booking in for the PPI) and he advised there were over revs in level 4 prior to the last warranty extension and a check was carried out - all OK.
I've had to prompt him for all this info , none was offered voluntarily.
I pay the £1200 and ask for a copy of the PPI to be emailed to me. Which he does , then in the email confirms there were a few other issues he forgot to mention - probably another £300-£400 cost.

Parts Department:
I have never managed to get through on the phone - always too busy or guy not there. Left message to ring me back. Never did. So I visit in person (twice) two different parts guys , but same experience.. Parts guy not at desk no-one knows where he is. After standing around like a lemon for 5-10 mins (no offers of help from other OPC staff) I ask the receptionist where he is. She stomps off in a huff to find him. The place was empty and she was not busy - don't know what the issue was. Parts guy shows up and gives the impression he has no idea about what he was doing. Can't find some parts on system , promises to ring me back in the week - never did.

General impression is the whole outfit are just not interested. I do know someone who in the market for a new 991 , and told him to go to another OPC - there is no way I'd give them the chance of a new car sale after my experiences.

Rant over - breath out :thumb:

PS - spoke to PARR and they couldn't have been more helpful. Shame my next service is not due for 2 years , but any work needed between now and then will be going to PARR.

Strange - I've never had anything but great experience form the Mid-Sussex Service guys - always helpful, return calls, pay exactly what was quote etc....

Even after having not been in for a couple of years due to not owning a Porsche, when I walked back in (to collect mats -again really easy to order) recognised me and remembered my name, shook hands etc......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back