Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Sports springs wanted

Rockunrolla

Albert Park
Hi chaps , I have standard suspension on my 997.1 c2 , im looking for a lowered ride hight , so if anyone has any sports springs hanging around that they would sell let me know , thanksn :thumb:

Not massive as ive an areo kit splitter ,, 10 - 20 mil would be fine :thumb:

Dropping the suspension on an aero-kitted car will limit even further the rate of incline (steepness) you can take; quite possibly to GT3 levels.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
Dropping the suspension on an aero-kitted car will limit even further the rate of incline (steepness) you can take; quite possibly to GT3 levels.

~ Maxie

Ye i know but dont mind , im wanting to focus on the track use more than the road use ,,, but i need to keep my warranty also :frustrated:

PASM springs will drop you by 10mm and Sport springs will drop you by 20mm.

Technically with both options you should add the necessary struts too, PASM struts for PASM springs and Sport struts for Sport springs. They are rated differently to the spring.

You'll need other things such as different rear mounts and a different stabiliser. I have a parts list for PASM and someone who is prepared to fit and someone else who is prepared to programme.

You are still going to fall foul or OPC warranty rules with incorrect struts and springs. Technically you are with retrofitting too. But will they notice. :dont know:

New springs from the OPC would be recommended and they are not so expensive, around £150 per pair for the front and for the rear. CG will charge five to six hours labour (not a lot) for all four corners. Plus you will require geo no matter where you get it done.

Do u know if the pasm or sports springs would fit straight onto my struts :?:

I have a set of H&R -30MM which will be getting fitted to my car, apart from a geo what else will i need ?

Spoke to Max at Frazerpart this week who is sourcing drop links from the original manufacturers at around £20 plus vat
These are normally £54 from OPC.

I fitted my car with TechArt springs. If your car has PASM it will lower it by 15mm if not then 25mm. They can be fitted with standard (PASM) struts as I did with mine and you only need a four wheel alignment afterwards. Make sure the place that fits it waits for 48 hours before doing the wheel alignment as the springs will continue settling afterwards otherwise.

Should mention that my car can still make it over speed bumps, without any problems.

Thanks, did yo fit them yourself, if so any pointers :?:

No had them fitted by Revolution Porsche in Brighouse.

Revolution are about 5miles from my house , did they supply the springs as well , what did they charge ,, can they do a geo aswell

Rockunrolla said:
Revolution are about 5miles from my house , did they supply the springs as well , what did they charge ,, can they do a geo aswell

Their prices are excellent. I'm sure you'll be impressed when you get the quote. They supplied the springs which they purchased through Tech9 in Liverpool (a TechArt dealer). They do geo as well yes.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back