Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poor Guy... 991 owner's nightmare with Porsche Cars USA

That car is a pile of poo and needs swapped by Porsche.

True. Been following this tale of horrors, over on that other forum...

It's quite unbelievable that Porsche supplied a new 991 with that many problems! Nonetheless, this is one story that is definitely in need of a happy conclusion.

I wonder are the à°emands now placed upon super sports car makers just getting too much to meet. Ferraris going on fire, GT3s going on fire. This kind of thing.
When you think about what Porsche are trying to deliver. A car with all the quality and comfort of a modern Audi, with the performance of a Ferrari with the economy of a Prius. And all squashed into to a low weight attractive compact silhouette at a comparatively competitive price.

The air coolers were relatively simple machines when you look back on them. But niche and limited to a core group of enthusiasts. Hence they nearly went bust. But they made the jump into the big boys club with a much broader array of expected standards.

Maybe consumers are looking for too much. Incredible performance with incredible luxury and everyday usability all the time. And it's proving too demanding at the prices people are willing to pay?

Welcome to the forum Porsche PR department :)

Niall996 said:
I wonder are the à°emands now placed upon super sports car makers just getting too much to meet. Ferraris going on fire, GT3s going on fire. This kind of thing.
When you think about what Porsche are trying to deliver. A car with all the quality and comfort of a modern Audi, with the performance of a Ferrari with the economy of a Prius. And all squashed into to a low weight attractive compact silhouette at a comparatively competitive price.

The air coolers were relatively simple machines when you look back on them. But niche and limited to a core group of enthusiasts. Hence they nearly went bust. But they made the jump into the big boys club with a much broader array of expected standards.

Maybe consumers are looking for too much. Incredible performance with incredible luxury and everyday usability all the time. And it's proving too demanding at the prices people are willing to pay?

what a shocker...!
I'll never buy from an OPC again - the whole attitude of Porsche cars just stinks.
They think they can pi$$ all over their customers and they can't put a foot wrong.
This guy has a genuine cause for getting his money back - that car is clearly not fit for purpose and I'd go straight to a judge. Give them 14 days to refund you in full, or take it to court.
Who the feck do they think they are! ggggggrrrrrr :x

Don't forget Porsche make £15k profit per car on average!

I haven't a clue why they'd even hesitate to replace this guy's car, it stinks imo.

They're a total brand disaster at the moment!

That is incredible, shame on Porsche. You wouldn't expect such blatant disregard for good service from a lesser brand let alone a so called top marque.

I'm a house builder and occasionally things go wrong and I have had to buy a couple back, it's the right thing to do. That's properly expensive, removal costs, legal fees x2 Stamp Duty x 2 and so on. Why are they being so stupidly stubborn.... Madness....

Had watched some of the earlier Nick Murray videos where he initially had a few niggles with the car but was generally positive and happy with the whole 911 experience.

Really sad to see how his opinion has deteriorated so much in just a 9 month period. :sad:

Do not think that the cars are overly complicated, that customer expectation is too high or that quality is sacrificed to make more margin. If this was the case, then there would be considerably more lemons out there. Think Nick's 911 is a particularly badly built car, and that a few problems appear to have cascaded into a series of niggles and out-and-out failures. The inability of Porsche NA to respond properly to the mechanical/electrical issues, and then to handle an irate customer with the respect that they deserve, is the real failure here.

Hope for one of our cars in similar circumstances that Porsche UK would respond much more positively. :?:

New 911 owner has purchased a Lemon.

I've been watching this guys updates on his new 911. If you watch his videos you will see the frustration he's been having.

Just uploaded his latest update. Contains swearing

http://youtu.be/-eXUnZrykDY

Hi, welcome to the forum. That isn't good, but it has already been discussed in another thread.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Hi, welcome to the forum. That isn't good, but it has already been discussed in another thread.

MC

Apologies , newbie mistake although I've posted a quick hi in the new members section.

Hi Ant, hadnt seen this latest one, thanks for posting. Amazing what some big companies do in situations like this in the age of social media. Porsche North America could come out of this very well, this is clearly a lemon car, they could get it out of the public domain, do the right thing by this customer and everybody would come out of it happy. But no, their internal process is somehow getting in the way. Can't believe their CMO is ok with this.

It's the little dog's fault. Get a real dog not a rat. :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back