Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 4S

dickdasterdly

Just placed my order (see newbie thread) & decided against the clear back lights because the long centre light could'nt be supplied clear aswell, thought it might look a bit wierd to see a combination of both colours?

Any thoughts people?

Congragulations on the purchase.
Good decision to stick with the red ones. The clear ones looks like an old person's eyes with cataract when you look at the car from the rear:grin:

Slayer said:
Congragulations on the purchase.
Good decision to stick with the red ones. The clear ones looks like an old person's eyes with cataract when you look at the car from the rear:grin:

Thanks Slayer & thats a fair point!

Personal taste I realise but out of interest what are peoples views on the Yellow seat belts? Have just placed the order so could change them back to black, can't decide whether they would look the bollocks or a bit camp.
The look i'm after is that the yellow elements on the inside would tie in nicely with the yellow ceramic breaks. Decisions, decisions :?

This is the spec by the way!

Std Black
20" Carrera Classic Wheels
Std Black leather seats
Deletion of Model designation
Park Assist Front & Rear
Electric Folding Mirrors
PDK
Sports Exhaust System
Ceramic Composite Brakes
Racing Yellow Instrument Dails
Racing Yellow Seat Belts
Racing Yellow Instrument Dial Sports Chrono Stop Clock
Carbon centre console
Carbon Interior Package
Mobile Phone Prep
Sports Chrono Package

I was contemplating red belts, but was talked out of it as being a bit marmite.

Obviously your call dickdasterdly, if you have the opportunity to change the belts back to black then what can go wrong. The look might just work very well, a bit like matching handbag, shoes and bracelet with your black dress. (Not you clearly, but you get my drift.) For some it might be a bit shouty, their problem, for others it might look cool. You will know when you see them on.

If you do have them fitted then you MUST post up some pics so that those that like the look can tell you as much and for those that don't can thumb their noses at you. Go for it!

I d forget the yellow dials and seat belts etc and add sports seats,
Porsche crested headrests and centre cubby box lid with Porsche crest look good in my opinion
Heated seats?
Ceramic brakes are pricey, bose glass sunroof and have standard brakes?

Welcome Dickdasterdly. :thumb:

In response to your questions :-

1. 100% correct on the red rear lights. Clear lenses do not go at all well with the red central light strip on the C4S.

2. Think that yellow seat belts, yellow dials and yellow chrono clock is one step too far, but each to his own. White dials and white chrono, with maybe red seat belts would go really well with the black exterior and still look distinctly different.

Whatever spec you eventually go for, I'm sure you'll absolutely love your new new C4S. :D

Decision made, will change to black belts.

Mr Dasterdly usually makes his mind up quicker than this, old age (forty eight) is making him a bit of a ditherer :grin:

Nothing wrong with 48 (same as me ....)

Appologies (I've only been here 5 minutes & I've alreaady sent the entire establishment to sleep) but my final choice was to take away the yellow seat belts, add the '911' logo to the back, include the crest on the seats & just for good measure include the so very important aluminium fuel cap.

Job done, now bring on the beast :thumb:

Good decision on the seat belts. :D

Also worth considering changing the yellow instrument and chrono faces to another colour. :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back