Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

[Board style] Text only or lite version

ch3tman

Suzuka
Hi all,

Is there a text only or lite/archive version of the forum available at all?
Often this option is available for:
  • * those on a limited connection (restricted bandwidth), for increased speed,
  • * those who'd prefer to have a cleaner browsing experience without thecolour heavy style sheet formatting applied by the default board style
    (see: Profile --> Preferences --> Board Style).
  • * those who'd prefer to have a cleaner browsing experience without image heavy posts, i.e. no images in signatures
Newer deployments of phpBB have seen specific templates (Board Stylea) or even mobile themes deployed to avoid making code changes to the CSS, etc. to achieve a similar look.

Anything similar available at 911UK?

coming soon in the next couple of months

Roro said:
... Yes, would be useful... Then I might be able to hit New Posts instead of Log Out!

That's just clumsy of you.

There is nearly a millimetre between them!

:)

PeterS said:
Roro said:
... Yes, would be useful... Then I might be able to hit New Posts instead of Log Out!

That's just clumsy of you.

There is nearly a millimetre between them!

:)

Agreed! It's a good thing I'm not involved in Mobile technology at all for a living, or.... Oh .. wait... Um... :grin:

ch3tman said:
911UK on Wed Apr 09 said:
Any update? :)

The planned release towards the end of last year was delayed, due to classified issues. Since that time more changes have been made to work with all of the varied formats and devices, which has caused a few more delays. I would like to say sometime in the next few months.

PeterS, I hope you've bookmarked this.

911UK said:
ch3tman said:
911UK on Wed Apr 09 said:
Any update? :)

The planned release towards the end of last year was delayed, due to classified issues. Since that time more changes have been made to work with all of the varied formats and devices, which has caused a few more delays. I would like to say sometime in the next few months.

Is the mobile-friendly site expected any time soon? :)

Currently without a laptop and navigating the site on a mobile phone is... interesting.

ch3tman, the embarrassing response is that what was 90% done 3 months ago has only moved to 91.1% at this time.

the earlier developments were binned due to too many issues.

in fairness development fatigue with so much going on

I am hopeful (again) that it should be with us and fully mobile compatible in the coming months

No problem, and thanks for the prompt reply!
I run/administer a site and fully appreciate new feature development is a best-efforts case at the best of times.

Glad to hear a mobile-friendly version is still on the radar.
Fingers crossed for the remaining 8.9%, nearly there it seems, good luck... :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back