Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

3.2 Carrera rear wiper linkage Wanted

Dashmore

Hi. I have just fitted a 'Whaletail' type spoiler to my 1985 Carrera and now the threaded part of the rear wiper linkage, to which the wiper arm fits, is not long enough to go through the added thickness of the engine cover and the top edge of the spoiler. It looks as though it may have been cut down at some stage - pergaps when a previous owner took an original spoiler off.
Does anyone know where I might obtain a longer one, please ?
Thanks

I have a motor/ spindle removed from an 89 targa if your interested, I will measure the spindle length and see if its any different from the one you have I also have a black carrera tail. so do you think thats the problem the whale tail is thicker than the standard carrera tail

Hi Gazc2. Thanks for the response. I was wondering about the different thicknesses. But I believe the 'whaletail' I have obtained was off a Carrera; so a standard spindle should be long enough to go through. I would appreciate it if you could measure the one you have and then that should tell me something. Cheers.

Only 2 spindles, one short for grille only, one long for spoiler, either Carrera or turbo version

Here you go does this help any

Attachments

• 20130113_173558_994.jpg
    20130113_173558_994.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 899
  • 20140330_192458_resized_109.jpg
    20140330_192458_resized_109.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 899
Gazc2; Thanks. That does seem to be at least 2 cms. longer than mine.
Are you looking to sell the whole lot including the motor ? I only really need the linkage and the brass threaded bit. How much would you want for that ?
Cheers.

Hi Gazc2, The wiper linkage arrived this morning. Thanks very much. Your help greatly appreciated . I will now be able to see where I have been in the rain ! Assuming I am still travelling forward ! Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back