Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 64
996 : 1997-2005 34
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 20
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Shedman
Trainee


Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the spoiler wall.
_________________
1997 993 Targa Manual
 



22AEF1A2-6321-43B5-8CD0-A7A4C3CDA141.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.6 MB
 Viewed:  1729 Time(s)

22AEF1A2-6321-43B5-8CD0-A7A4C3CDA141.jpeg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kingroon
Monza


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 169
Location: Brighton, UK


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Rear end refurb C4 Reply with quote

waiteu2 wrote:
Dansk loud mufflers
Fabspeed X-Cat 200 cell
Stainless nuts bolts all round
Rust prevention/Dinitrol,Bilt Hamber to chassis legs
Rennline engine mounts
KW V3 suspension
New rear heatshields/Bumper supports
Chassis leg supports replaced.
Rear glass out/Scuttle repaired
Powder coated heater pipe/Bumper supports/Muffler brackets etc.,

Need a rear on photo..!
_________________
Hasta Luego..
KingRoon

1994 993 Carrera Coupe
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
waiteu2
Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2017
Posts: 10
Location: Sheffield


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear end refurb C4 Reply with quote

kingroon wrote:
waiteu2 wrote:
Dansk loud mufflers
Fabspeed X-Cat 200 cell
Stainless nuts bolts all round
Rust prevention/Dinitrol,Bilt Hamber to chassis legs
Rennline engine mounts
KW V3 suspension
New rear heatshields/Bumper supports
Chassis leg supports replaced.
Rear glass out/Scuttle repaired
Powder coated heater pipe/Bumper supports/Muffler brackets etc.,

Need a rear on photo..!


Difficult as its parked about 3 feet from the garage cupboards!
A little further on tonight and hopefully get it completed over the weekend.

Starting to think about the next additions/upgrades or leave it as is now.We'll see.
 



IMG_5821.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.83 KB
 Viewed:  1596 Time(s)

IMG_5821.JPG



IMG_5843.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  940.69 KB
 Viewed:  1596 Time(s)

IMG_5843.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
waiteu2
Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2017
Posts: 10
Location: Sheffield


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Rear end refurb C4 Reply with quote

And another
 



IMG_5840.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  867.95 KB
 Viewed:  1596 Time(s)

IMG_5840.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Endoman
Barcelona


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 1405
Location: Bolton U.K.


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, same sytem I ran but found the Dansk cans a bit droney so swapped to Fabspeed cans. the RSRs were best sound imho raspy and not too loud.
_________________
Porsche 944 S2 Coupe Guards Red
Porsche 993 Coupe 9m RS Replica
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
waiteu2
Newbie


Joined: 06 May 2017
Posts: 10
Location: Sheffield


PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endoman wrote:
Very nice, same sytem I ran but found the Dansk cans a bit droney so swapped to Fabspeed cans. the RSRs were best sound imho raspy and not too loud.


Started it briefly earler and sounded lovely but wont get the chance to go on the road with it until the weekend at the earliest to try it out.

Its difficult with exhausts because all the youtube clips in the world wont tell you if its a sound your looking for or will be happy with.
It'll be an expensive mistake if im not happy with this set up!

RSR's do seem the go to cans but if i go down that route it will be a new set as i think my standard ones are past their best corrosion wise.

Thanks Endoman and i'll hpefully report back over the weekend.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kingroon
Monza


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 169
Location: Brighton, UK


PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rear end refurb C4 Reply with quote

Hubba hubba.. Cool
_________________
Hasta Luego..
KingRoon

1994 993 Carrera Coupe
 



img_5840_124.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  867.95 KB
 Viewed:  1503 Time(s)

img_5840_124.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kat1
Monza


Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 169
Location: Ely, Cambs


PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last years mileage was significantly down on the previous 16 years but I still have needed to flash the cash and dust off the Snap on tools this year.

In line with my policy of preventative maintenance, I changed the distributor drive belt and bearings with a kit* from Diddi at 228 euros.

Almost as soon as this work was completed I fitted a new indicator unit which was bought from Type 911 at £255 plus carriage and Vat and fitted.

* I still have a spare set of disturber parts for sale at 170 euros
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
andyobro
Monza


Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 199
Location: Poole


PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rear end refurb C4 Reply with quote

kingroon wrote:
Hubba hubba.. Cool


Agreed . yum yum yum
_________________
993 Carrera
www.instagram.com/993andy
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Albionmuz
Hockenheim


Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 651
Location: West Sussex


PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New distributor belts, rotors and caps. Thanks to the guys at Precision. This was the second attempt to get the distributor out as back in November, during a full service, it proved impossible to remove. They greased it up and advised I try again when the car came out of winter storage. Even so it took quite a while to get it out. Anyone else had this problem? First change in 22 years I believe! They built these cars properly!

Airbag bracket replaced, no more tooting horn on braking

Chuffed
_________________
993 Targa manual
Alfa GTV Twinspark
Citroen Deux Chevaux
Alfa 159 Sportwagon
Porsche 968 Cab Tip
Lexus IS 200
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Tobesetc
Albert Park


Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 1586
Location: West London, UK


PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered new leather cover for centre console from Southbound so it'll match the rest of the interior (door cards, entire rear all now leather but also, importantly, cup holder, handbrake surround and gear gaiter are all new leather, so it stuck out!). Can't wait for it to arrive and be installed.

Now...where do I get a leather dash for less than the price of a small car? Question
_________________
993 C4, Coupe '94 manual
Previous - '03 986 Boxster S
Photos at TobesEtc.com (work in progress)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Kat1
Monza


Joined: 04 Nov 2010
Posts: 169
Location: Ely, Cambs


PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albionmuz wrote:
This was the second attempt to get the distributor out as back in November, during a full service, it proved impossible to remove. They greased it up and advised I try again when the car came out of winter storage. Even so it took quite a while to get it out. Anyone else had this problem?


Yes, I recently removed the distributor on my 993 C4, but would not describe it as impossible.

I started off by removing the securing stud and with the help of plenty of spray and light tapping with a hammer I eventually managed to get the distributor to rotate but was unable to extract it.

The fan assembly and casing were then removed to get better access.

A light chain (25 mm links and shackles) was secured around the distributor with a loop over the top.

Using a pry bar I could then put some pressure on the distributor assembly in the" in line" direction.

More spray, light taping, additional leverage with bags of patience and care and it finally came out.

Be careful and gently - if you can find a replacement I suspect you will then fully appreciate the expression "Porsche Tax".
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Cameltoe & Heel
Barcelona


Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 1348
Location: Preston - Lancs


PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albionmuz wrote:

Airbag bracket replaced, no more tooting horn on braking

Chuffed


Did mine recently too, the rubber rings were shot compared to the new ones. Also glad I bought the whole frame with rubbers already installed, didn't fancy gluing them in myself.

Trev
 
  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
   
AndyS
Albert Park


Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 1577
Location: The fast lane


PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These:

I've had a fixed wing for 3 years now, and won't be re-fitting the rear wiper as I changed the screen too - so can get rid of those switches and move the sunroof switch to the console.
Now just to fit them.....
_________________
Andy

1996 Polar Silver 993 Coupe - AKA 'the money pit'

 



20190622_104845.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.47 KB
 Viewed:  1131 Time(s)

20190622_104845.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Endoman
Barcelona


Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 1405
Location: Bolton U.K.


PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen that handbrake surround before. Do you have the part no? Or is it a diy? Handy place for a rain light switch.
I have a rain light on the 944 produces some interesting reactions from tail-gaters.
_________________
Porsche 944 S2 Coupe Guards Red
Porsche 993 Coupe 9m RS Replica
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
AndyS
Albert Park


Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 1577
Location: The fast lane


PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endoman wrote:
Never seen that handbrake surround before. Do you have the part no? Or is it a diy? Handy place for a rain light switch.
I have a rain light on the 944 produces some interesting reactions from tail-gaters.


Here you go - it's for the Targa, they must have another switch?
What I didn't realise until I got it all striped out today is that I also needed a switch surround frustrated

From the PET

Parking brake cover
Illustration 809-15 part 9 (993.552.539.00)
£56 at OPC with PCGB discount

Retaining Frame
Illustration 933-05 part 11A (911.613.615.01)
I'll order this one tomorrow.
_________________
Andy

1996 Polar Silver 993 Coupe - AKA 'the money pit'

 



20190622_104907.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.05 KB
 Viewed:  1067 Time(s)

20190622_104907.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Albionmuz
Hockenheim


Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 651
Location: West Sussex


PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyS wrote:
Endoman wrote:
Never seen that handbrake surround before. Do you have the part no? Or is it a diy? Handy place for a rain light switch.
I have a rain light on the 944 produces some interesting reactions from tail-gaters.


Here you go - it's for the Targa, they must have another switch?
What I didn't realise until I got it all striped out today is that I also needed a switch surround frustrated

From the PET

Parking brake cover
Illustration 809-15 part 9 (993.552.539.00)
£56 at OPC with PCGB discount

Retaining Frame
Illustration 933-05 part 11A (911.613.615.01)
I'll order this one tomorrow.


It’s for the spoiler switch. I guess there wasn’t enough space available with having the roof switch and roof curtain switch alongside the rear wiper switch on the lower dash
_________________
993 Targa manual
Alfa GTV Twinspark
Citroen Deux Chevaux
Alfa 159 Sportwagon
Porsche 968 Cab Tip
Lexus IS 200
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
andyobro
Monza


Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 199
Location: Poole


PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albionmuz wrote:
AndyS wrote:
Endoman wrote:
Never seen that handbrake surround before. Do you have the part no? Or is it a diy? Handy place for a rain light switch.
I have a rain light on the 944 produces some interesting reactions from tail-gaters.


Here you go - it's for the Targa, they must have another switch?
What I didn't realise until I got it all striped out today is that I also needed a switch surround frustrated

From the PET

Parking brake cover
Illustration 809-15 part 9 (993.552.539.00)
£56 at OPC with PCGB discount

Retaining Frame
Illustration 933-05 part 11A (911.613.615.01)
I'll order this one tomorrow.


It’s for the spoiler switch. I guess there wasn’t enough space available with having the roof switch and roof curtain switch alongside the rear wiper switch on the lower dash


I have done the same on mine, but cut the hole in my original non targa hand brake surround to fit the switch/surround. The RS compartment is so useful for wallet and keys etc, my fav mod and fairly inexpensive when modding the handbrake surround. thumbsup

The parts I bought

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsc2C3jFXC1/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The compartment and the switch installed

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsyf0LYF606/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
_________________
993 Carrera
www.instagram.com/993andy
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
AndyS
Albert Park


Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Posts: 1577
Location: The fast lane


PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyobro wrote:

I have done the same on mine, but cut the hole in my original non targa hand brake surround to fit the switch/surround. The RS compartment is so useful for wallet and keys etc, my fav mod and fairly inexpensive when modding the handbrake surround. thumbsup

The parts I bought

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsc2C3jFXC1/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The compartment and the switch installed

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsyf0LYF606/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet


Cheers Andy Thumb

I've ordered the switch surround today - so will get back on this at the weekend....
Tell - how did you go about extending the wires for the switch?

I'll be moving the sunroof switch and it's 4 pretty thick wires, so probably need some slick connectors with the new RS cubby taking all the free space.

Also - it looks like you've kept the spoiler switch.....are you sunroof-less?
_________________
Andy

1996 Polar Silver 993 Coupe - AKA 'the money pit'

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Barryn
Monza


Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Posts: 225
Location: Cumbria


PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: A few jobs done. Reply with quote

Time flies, this was actually late February. Embarassed

Dieter Refurbished my distributor to his very high standards, it was a job on the to do list ever since I got the car.

Before and after and the new bearings.

Then last week I had the steering rack off and rebuilt by WPS (Western Power Steering) in Bristol. Great service, and now the steering feels better than ever.
Working my way through the car steadily. Thumb
_________________
1999 986 Boxster
1997 993 CarreraS
 



341EB7C9-D0B3-41BD-8C7B-27F4EAFA9BB5.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  748 Time(s)

341EB7C9-D0B3-41BD-8C7B-27F4EAFA9BB5.jpeg



31A7381C-217D-45EF-A126-0CED3DC79195.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Viewed:  748 Time(s)

31A7381C-217D-45EF-A126-0CED3DC79195.jpeg



472F8D2B-FC99-4BB2-BA48-C2A1F6B65BED.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB
 Viewed:  748 Time(s)

472F8D2B-FC99-4BB2-BA48-C2A1F6B65BED.jpeg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 129 of 136

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum