Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CTEK charge point

pvr

Does the 991 have specific points to attach a battery maintainer on? I have CTEKS for all my cars, but do not want a cigarette lighter job really.

Be a bit careful with this. I had a conversation with the OPC as they do not recommend connection to the battery directly. The battery in the new stop/ start enabled cars require an AGM battery and there are electronics on the negative earth side that mean that it is not advised to connect to the posts. The cigarette lighter is always on which is why it is the preferred position. Mine is on now and as you probably know, can be fed through the door seals so that the car can be locked and alarmed. I'm sure you know the right charger for this model suitable for the glass mat batteries.

Ok - was not aware of that.

I have 5 of the cteks for my other cars, so will just get another one for this one then.

What ctek model is appropriate for the 911 then?

I have the new MXS 3.8 which is suitable for the AGM battery. Need the charger connector as well, though you may have a spare!

I have the XS3600 units, but will look at the one you mentioned as I don't think they have the one I normally have anymore.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back