Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some issues

Mahyar

Have taken the plunge and sold my beloved 997 4S for this new toy, Carrera 4S, which has all the options I need plus the power upgrade to 430 HP.
Love the car, don't press any buttons and it's just like a Toyota in town, but start pressing buttons and you get a real 911, including the steering feel.
Two issues, I scratched the NAV screen can just the screen be replaced or do I have to change the whole thing?
Also have noticed condensation in the front lights, what happened there and has anyone else come up with the same problem.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 991_mm_a_101.jpg
    991_mm_a_101.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2,388
Looks a lovely car

As for the Nav screen I would doubt very much that the screen alone is replaceable, Porsche would only supply a new unit. How deep is the scratch, could it be polished out by a professional detailer, this may mean the screen being shiny after though?

As for the headlights I would be asking you local Porsche dealer to rectify as there may be a bad seal if damp is getting in there. Hopefully someone will be along to say if this is a common issue or not.

Its not that bad.
Am going to the dealer tomorrow for the lights,
Thanks.

Mahyar said:
Its not that bad.
Am going to the dealer tomorrow for the lights,
Thanks.

should be a simple fix, a seal and vent issue clearly

infrasilver said:
As for the headlights ... Hopefully someone will be along to say if this is a common issue or not.

Well, it is on Aston Martins. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back