Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LPG conversion on a cayenne s

moss

Hockenheim
thinking about the lpg conversion on my cayenne s 4.5 v8, has anyone on here had it done? any pro's or con's you care to share ?
does my road tax reduce as im a clean lean machine if i do it ???

I had an lpg Mazda tribute v6 4x4 when lpg vehicles were congestion tax exempt. But the government soon changed that. If the road tax is reduced, there's no guarantee it'll stay that way as they are always thinking of ways to claw back money.

A right pain to fill up, took for ever. There weren't so many forecourts with lpg fuel 8 years ago, not sure if there's more or less now. With the push towards electric vehicles I guess less.

Too many components messed about with on the car. I bought mine with the system fitted, but personally I wouldn't have any vehicle converted.

Enjoy it for what it is our get a more economical car.

And don't believe the fitters that the car will be worth more once fitted.

I am looking into this, when I find a 07 Cayenne in black.
There are some on the market, with it already fitted so may get lucky in my search.

gathering quotes, £1300-£1800 so far.. 3 different options, or types !!
with or without flash lube ? im thinking with, but apparently they are saying this model does not require it..

This interests me, I know not why :dont know:
But surely it will affect your Insurance, for the worst :?:
And you can't go on the Chunnel. ( not a bad thing )
:grin:

I've got this on mine.
Glad I had it done - it does need some fine tuning at the moment as its juddering on change-over.

- Bear in mind that its an aftermarket add-on, so it will need attention from time to time.

- Also I went for the flashcube upgrade to protect the engine, for added piece of mind.

-It didnt effect my Insurance (bell).

Ger

gerlewis said:
I've got this on mine.
Glad I had it done - it does need some fine tuning at the moment as its juddering on change-over.

- Bear in mind that its an aftermarket add-on, so it will need attention from time to time.

- Also I went for the flashcube upgrade to protect the engine, for added piece of mind.

-It didnt effect my Insurance (bell).

Ger

Anymore infor on the Flashcube upgrade e.g. what is it please.

Thank you.

I have a chum who runs his Jag on LPG. Get a good fitter and the professional kits will be a donut tank in the spare wheel space not a cylinder reducing load space. Switchover on his is seamless. Looking at £1.5k as a benchmark price.

Just dont go for any cheap options :nooo:

woodburner.jpg

Its a fluid which is supposed to protect the soft valves in these engines.
Im no mechanic but have been told that LPG burns so clean that it lacks the lubricants found in Petrol, which can cause the valve seats to wear.

The Fluid is dripped into the inlet manifold every 10 seconds or so, via a vacuum system.

heres a bit about it:
http://www.flashlube.com/gb/company/the-flashlube-story.html

It was quite a cheap add-on, so it seemed to make sense to go for it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back