Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 50th Anniversary ordered

pvr

Silverstone
Greetings all,

Ordered my first Porsche last week, black 991 50th Anniversary model. First Porsche I will have owned as I have always had (and still have) BMWs.

The plan is for it to replace my Z4M.

The rest of the fleet is an X5 40D, Abarth 500c (wife's), Polo (runabout) and Golf MK 1 Clipper (classic keeper).

First time I had driven a 911, never wanted to do that before in case I wanted to order it when it was not the right time :)

Have opted for the manual as I will only use if for a couple of thousand pleasure miles a year and found the PDK a bit non involving.

:worship:

:welcome: to 911uk.

Looking forward to seeing it (sorry, you as well :mrgreen: ) at one of our meetings. When's it likely to be delivered?

:envy: even though it's not a PDK.

very nice :thumb:

so let's hear about the full spec and all the toys you've got on the order

went for Black exterior, black seats (not the houndstooth) and the following extras:

- 50th Anniversary pack (satnav / phone / seat heating / PDC front+ rear)
- Interior LED light package
- Sports steering wheel
- Glass sunroof
- Dimming mirrors + rain sensor
- Usual 50th anniversary model bits (sports exhaust, sports elec seats etc)

Just from memory as I don't have the order form next to me. Production date is somewhere in April. Not sure what normal delivery time is after production.

Anything major I have not ordered and should have? Got a week to change specs I think.

Thanks for the welcome :D

The 50th anniversary models were all built last year
The 50th anniversary option pack is a different car

I'd of recommended PDK
Manual 991's are very unwanted secondhand

Be warned

mark pearce said:
The 50th anniversary models were all built last year. The 50th anniversary option pack is a different car

That's right - a limited production run of 1963 vehicles were built by the factory in 2013.

Despite personally not being aware of the 50th Anniversary option pack, I would suggest Mark is correct as he is also in the trade.

~ Maxie

mark pearce said:
Manual 991's are very unwanted secondhand
I am wagering on this to buy a very nice 7 speed manual at a huge discount at some point in the future!

~ Maxie :)

Sorry, but I do have one of the 1963 cars on order so that information is not quite correct ...

Forgot that I ordered cruise as well :)

From the order form:

Fuchs Style Alloy Wheels
Sports Exhaust
Chrome Outer Trims
Porsche Dynamic Lights
Porsche Torque Vectoring
Floor Mats
Sport Design Steering Wheel
14 Way Electric Seats
Sport Design Wing Mirrors
44mm Wider Body at the rear
50TH Badges on Engine Cover, and Interior Trim Strip
Model Limited to 1,963 models world wide

pvr said:
Sorry, but I do have one of the 1963 cars on order so that information is not quite correct ...

Does this mean that the 2013 '50th Anniversary Edition' 911 is the same as the 2014 '50 years Edition' 911 that you can buy today?

~ Maxie :?:

I didn't think you could get the 1963 cars in black?

Anyhow, good stuff. When do you get her? :thumb:

Maxie said:
pvr said:

Does this mean that the 2013 '50th Anniversary Edition' 911 is the same as the 2014 '50 years Edition' 911 that you can buy today?

~ Maxie :?:

Maxi, not sure that all last years allocation were sold because I understand demand wasn't very good.

Dealership tried to off load one onto me last week big discounts though

pvr said:
... went for Black exterior, black seats (not the houndstooth)

:? In the 911-50 configurator it gives two upholstery colour options but both feature the 'houndstooth' or Pepita 2 tone woven textile inserts.

As the options list was quite comprehensive and the car was available in three colours I can't see how they could have built all 1,963 before they were ordered. That would only work if all 1,963 were going to be exactly the same. It's my opinion that demand wasn't as great as Porsche had hoped because it wasn't a limited run of a specific car.

Kryton said:
Maxi, not sure that all last years allocation were sold because I understand demand wasn't very good.

Dealership tried to off load one onto me last week big discounts though
Appreciated Kryton. But was just trying to determine if all 1963 examples of the Anniversary edition were produced last year whereas anything from 2014 onwards is marketed as a '50 Years Edition' model.

Out of interest, how many miles had the car, you were being offered, covered? Roughly, how big a discount?

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back