Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993s at Silverstone Auctions today

stevewak

Just got back from Stoneleigh (in the 993, of course).

Two interesting 993s at Silverstone Auctions sale - will be offered this weekend so we should know prices on Monday.

Amarinth Violet/Black cabrio is a bit Marmite but black interior could have been be worse. Car looked OKish. Manual.

Aventura Green/Black needed total front end respray back to screen and some correction. Looked as if scuttle had been done. Black interior, softback seats, manual. Looked good starting point for someone. I like the colour - trade does not. Ex-PCGB car, under 80k miles. Are these wheels correct? Not sure if a/c.

Had a chat with Nick Faure. Best (ordinary) 993? NB, pre-Vario 2wd 6-speed manual. Get in there!

Attachments

• 993_cab_109.png
    993_cab_109.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 7,461
  • 993_coupe1_edited_2_811.jpg
    993_coupe1_edited_2_811.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 7,461
Wheels are iffy on both cars.

Original Porsche 16's on the green one which were standard at the time but aesthetically too small for the arches. Don't ride any better than 17's and give a 'floatier' drive due to the larger tyre sidewall.

Not keen on the 996 or Boxster wheels on the purple one.

Always amazes me the way dealers never mention the wrong wheels on cars.

Although not popular, the wheels on the Aventura are correct to type. These were the standard 993 coupe wheel, but many first buyers seemed to have ticked the 17" upgrade box.

The wheels on the purple cab are plain wrong, none 993.

Maybe just me but I'd take Aventura over that Purple anyday.

The sixteens on standard ride height give a wonderful ride....I know I have tried them and I have original ride height whereas Kim does not.....so don't listen to him......:)

joslyn said:
Aventura - 20.8k plus buyers premium

So that's £23,920 with premium (and VAT on premium). I think. Rare colour, nice interior colour. Factor in goodish respray and inevitable other work (say £3-4k?) and you'd get a nice car for £28k or so. Missing hardbacks + 17" wheels. I expect as ex-PCGB it will have a/c.

Alternatively, quick £1200 blow-over and back in the trade for £29,950...

What happened to violet convertible?

Didn't know 993 amaranth exist but there are certainly not many. That colour only works on a coupe imo.
No mention of mileage.
Having been to a few classic car auctions, there are some bad cars put through and you really have to be careful what you bid on. Their description of this car doesn't inspire confidence.
Their catalogue did have some impressive cars though.

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1995-porsche-911-993-cabriolet

stevewak said:

:hand: :floor:

..... Zingers ..... you seem to spend a lot of your time at present on your back laughing ..... have you seen a Doctor yet? I am sure you can get some help ...... :)

stevewak said:

Forgot to add oil-change at 'recognised expert' 'recent service'...

Let's see - could be a good buy for someone. Thanks for the replies.

madalaa said:
The sixteens on standard ride height give a wonderful ride....I know I have tried them and I have piles, whereas Kim does not.

Well Im certainly not going to ask how Mads knows that! :hand: :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back