Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New owner, 991 agate grey cabriolet !

Jay13

Trainee
Gotta say I've always been a BMW M3 guy tho having sold my last E92 M3 I wanted a change and bought a Mustang Shelby GT500 tho couldn't take her out in the wet as with 662bhp and 632 torque it's hard to keep the back end in a straight line so needed sumfin I could drive every day and still love to drive. Took the 991 911's cabriolet out for a test drive and straight away fell I love with it, bought one full loaded and love,love,love it, defo the best car I've ever drivin and think I'm gonna be a 911 man from here in, couldn't fault porsche in anyway at all, never ever thought I'd love drivin anymore than the M3 tho now that's all been changed :)

Welcome to the forum Jay.

Congrats on your purchase. Where did you buy from, what spec did you go for and whereabouts will you be driving it?

Be good to see some pics.

Bought it from the Porsche centre in belfast (great guys there I may add) went for agate grey cabriolet 991 911s with all the toys 😊

Photos to follow once I find how to upload to profile as to big for attachments

Lots of people seem to end up in Porsches after M3's or M5's and never look back, myself included!

I've just bought an e36 328i as a donor car for a track weapon. Its currently being stripped out, coilovered, caged etc.

I have to say I still love the Beemers, especially the utter ease of working on them (its criminal how BMW technicians can charge so much for such simple cars), but when I jumped in the porker after a week of torturing the BM I was blown away again by the Marque.

Oh, and the 991 is too big in my opinion but I would love a GT3 (with uprated fire extinguishers of course) :grin:

very nice and great choice of colour for a 911, haven't seen one in the flesh in Agate Grey

but here is a coupe version, IMHO one of the better modern colours

how did grey become so cool!

WP0ZZZ99ZDS113436_1.jpg

ragpicker said:
Oh, and the 991 is too big in my opinion but I would love a GT3 (with uprated fire extinguishers of course) :grin:

So, 996tt is 4435/1830/1295
991 is 4490/1805/1293

Not a lot in it I'd say...

gred said:
ragpicker said:

So, 996tt is 4435/1830/1295
991 is 4490/1805/1293

Not a lot in it I'd say...

:floor: shorter overhangs

As I'm new to the 911 I didn't notice that much of a difference in length/width size I was just thinking OMG I gotta have that, and Wudnt change it's size in any shape or form, as I said best driving car I've owned and just wish I'd ave tried one sooner, tho glad I have now, esp after getting a 911 plate for her 😬 that's me set for 911 ownership from here in

Only pic I cud upload of her till CPU is back up and running

Attachments

• image_438.jpg
    image_438.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 6,956
:welcome: Jay

Guess Carl and the team got you hooked !! They have a habit of doing that.

Once bitten by the 911 bug, forever smitten. :) :) :)

Health to enjoy your 991. :D

Lol yea was Ben that got me hooked 😄

Brilliant, you're 991 is a beauty, the cab looks better than ever.

Every new generation of 911 gets "critiqued" by the 911 "enthusiast community". The 996 and 997 got a their fair share and with the 991 some reckon it doesn't drive like a 911 :roll: and is too big (it's a couple of inches longer) :dont know:

Enjoy that fabulous car, let's hope we get some decent weather this spring/summer :thumbs:

Even though the 991 is slightly longer than the 997 if you multiply w x h x l you'll find it fills a slightly smaller space. And it's lighter all of which make it smaller in my book. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back