Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Has anyone fitted the genuine 991 Front Sports Lip Spoiler ?

they look nice but I think they are just fastened on with plastic clips, but concerned they can be easily ripped off due to the states of UK roads

Yep, I have done exactly this. The original part (via OPC), is cheaper than eBay.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/991/706790-pasm-front-lip-spoiler.html

They come with -25mm SPASM but you can add it to any 991 for about £100.

I got my OPC to fit mine, but it's very easy. Took them about 4 minutes....

You undo the clips and just pull.

They are cheap enough that if you damage it on UK roads they are cheap to fix, But, so far (3 months) I haven't hit anything.

@997c2s, thanks for the response. When and which OPC did this for you ?

What was the cost of the part from OPC £100 + anything to fit ?

From what i understand the original one is a 2 piece lip spoiler which clips in exactly the same and the 1 piece sports front spoiler.

Looking at the car yesterday, there still seemed to be lots of clearance with an improved aggressive look :)

OPC Swindon, they were brilliant and knew what to order/do. I spoke to Simon Gough who researched it and fitted it, (yes it is two parts dependant on what you have on your car already).

I think it was a bit over £100 but he did me a discount. It's also about £100 to fit, so I would recommend fitting yourself.

Here, this might help...:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/991/277237-how-change-front-spoiler-lip-spasm.html

Transforms the look of the 991 imo and doesn't cost an arm & a leg to do so.

~ Maxie :thumb:

£100 to fit for 4 mins work. That seems very expensive !!!

I thought the new Sports spoiler for 1 piece which replaces the standard 2 piece lip spoiler.

?

I'm not sure the OPC would say it is 4 mins work, they explained they had to road test and check the car after etc....

I managed a deal with Swindon, my car went in for some other work and they did it at the same time.
You are correct it is one piece (see the link I posted).

Do you have the part number ? on the invoice or something ?

OPC Reading can't find it.

Part numbers are - 991.505.525.01 1EO and 991.505.557.02 1EO.

That's the numbers I gave OPC Swindon but I'm not sure if they turned out to be the right ones.

Better call Simon and ask, I remember there are quite a few variations depending on what options your car has.

Tom.

Thanks Tom !!

Good news, I ordered the part (P991.505.525.01 1E0) from OPC Reading yesterday for £120.34 inc. VAT.

It arrived today and i collected. They were great. The workshop co-ordinator (Kevin i think), came out as a request from Service, looked at the part and said its just a case of clipping off the old one and clipping the new one on.

With that, he offered to take my car around to service and fit it for me while i wait. He brought the car back 10 mins later and did not charge me anything to do so. I offered him a "gesture for a drink" but he refused and said no problem Sir. Great service !!!

During my 15 mile drive home along a the M4 and a dual-carriage way, the new lip spoiler makes a big difference in providing far better downward force on the nose and reduces the "famous" 911 lift and light feeling at the front. Even with the 991 chassis and width improvement, the car still felt light at the nose at speed. This is now reduced with this official Porsche Sports Lip Spoiler.

Recommend it !!

njm500 said:
During my 15 mile drive home along a the M4 and a dual-carriage way, the new lip spoiler makes a big difference in providing far better downward force on the nose and reduces the "famous" 911 lift and light feeling at the front. Even with the 991 chassis and width improvement, the car still felt light at the nose at speed. This is now reduced with this official Porsche Sports Lip Spoiler.

That is interesting. I thought the bobbing sensation had been cured with the release of the RWD 991 (I certainly don't feel this in my 4WD 997).

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
njm500 said:

That is interesting. I thought the bobbing sensation had been cured with the release of the RWD 991 (I certainly don't feel this in my 4WD 997).

~ Maxie

It has, never felt it on my car

Seems to be a C2S thing according to Porsche. The 4s was lessz obvious due the extra weight in the front due to the diff etc....

I never noticed it much on my previous 997 c4s

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back