Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heated rear window interferes with radio

Invisible

As per title.

Cayenne 2003/53 Turbo..

PCM 2.0

Radio works fine and no interference with anything else on but as soon as I press the heated rear window switch it breaks up the radio signal and it goes all hissy!

Is the aerial in the rear screen?

Any quick fix or obvious checks I can do or is this a sign the electric have been tinkered with?

Only non-standard electrical addition I can tell is DVD players in the head rests with the player in the side boot compartment.

Any help much appreciated

Check the fuse for the heated rear screen, check the earthing point to the chassis, and check the connections for the screen for any cracks or corrosion.
Something may have been disturbed if the C pillar panels have been removed to run wiring to your DVD player etc.

my Panamera suffered with this;
unfortunately, it "fixed itself" when OPC Cambs replaced a broken switch assembly in the centre console - which leads me to believe that it was a poor ground type problem.

F15HAR said:
Check the fuse for the heated rear screen, check the earthing point to the chassis, and check the connections for the screen for any cracks or corrosion.
Something may have been disturbed if the C pillar panels have been removed to run wiring to your DVD player etc.

Thanks will do some checking around :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back