Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Upgrades / Replacements on early models - Anyone done

Invisible

As per title.

I have 2003 Cayenne Turbo.

I think it has PCM 2.0?

I have multifunction steering wheel with phone controls and stereo controls and a massive brick taking up the whole of the centre console pretending to be a phone which from what I can work out is redundant anyway even if you put your phone sim in the PCM as you can dial, scroll and answer either through the PCM or via steering wheel!!

So getting to the point - what upgrades are available?

I am looking for something integrated that allows bluetooth to be used for a phone and a hardwired version or auxillary connection for say an ipod or mp3 player. If all could be seemlessly sync'd with my PCM even better.

If not, any full unit replacements people have done that include sat nav (preferably HDD version that could include MP3 files)

Sorry wordy post but you get the idea..what have you done or can be done to bring me up-2-date!

So I've got a facelifted 957 car but still PCM 2.1 and it's a MOST fibre optic system.

Theres Tooki for phone only Bluetooth but in my 997 I had the Dension older model, that did ipod integration and with the BT module did Bluetooth fpor phone and streaming for music. Not the best system but it did work quite well after I got it activated which was a series of keypad punches. www.dension.com

I think there is a Tooki phone and music option now www.navtv.com

I think trying to put a PCM 3 in your car needs the full BOSE am replaced etc, so its also quite expensive for what it is. Easier to get a dension installed and use your phone for maps. Check the compatibility on the dension website as its pretty good telling you what goes in it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back