Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with ParkAssist Please

Invisible

As per title.

Didnt realise at time of buying - well so many gadgets and toys to look at and play with (well at least compared to the car I trade in anyway!)

From reading handbook it would appear that I have permanent fault on my ParkAssist;

I get a 3 second beep from it at start up and 2 red lights on each end from both the one on the front dash and the rear head liner.

I am guessing this is down to a faulty sensor or possibly two?

So my question for the average man on the street like me with basic tools and limited tech knowledge...

- Is it easy to check which sensor(s) is failing and how?
- How easy is it to resolve / price per sensor etc

All help and guidance appreciated

faulty sensor for sure

there will be a clicking noise from them if they arent working, which means you need it in R with the Parking Brake ON and someone with their foot firmly on the Brake to check.

Worth giving them a clean to make sure it's not as a result of dirt.

But it's a bumper off job to replace.

Thanks 911 UK.

And as a real newbie question - are the sensors behind the actual small coin sized inserts in the bumpers and the plastic coin sized bits are to protect them. ie) they not actually the sensor themselves

Will see if I can get help and listen for noises.

Presume same applies for front sensors too. Stick in D and hold on brake.

Are bumpers difficult to remove or should be OK if methodical?

The round surface you see is the front face of a cylindrical sensor body and an integral part of it. Unless the Cayenne sensors are different to those on the sports cars, the sensor bodies are clipped into locating housings bonded onto the rear face of the bumper.

Sensors are £77 each + vat, I would visit somewhere that fits these in the aftermarket and get them to test each sensor, there is basically an instrument that picks up the correct signals from each sensor so you should be able to find a duff sensor in 2 minutes

The sensors are the same as some used by the VW group of cars, the part numbers are different, so if you tried to order through a VW outlet they would not know which ones you wanted.
VW part no is 0 263 003 187. (cheaper than a Porsche part) :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back