Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just bought a 03 Cayenne S

audi321

Hi all. I've just agreed a purchase on a lovely 2003 Cayenne S 4.5 Tiptronic. 70k miles for just £7,500. What a lot of car for the money!

Car is totally standard at the moment and I can't help myself but I feel the need for some modifications (subtle) for the exterior.

Does anyone know of a nice front bumper upgrade which doesn't require too much hacking of anything to fit? Also are 22" wheels generally considered to be the best size?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 21" on a 955 Cayenne.
The 22" look great apart from making the brakes look minuscule, however your tyres will probably last longer than the wheels if you drive on anything other than perfectly smooth Tarmac, they are easily buckled and dented not only because of the reduced tyre profile, but because as the wheel size increases they become weaker, they also rub on the arch liners at full lock.
I think the 21" Audi Q7 multi spokes look great, and are the same design as Porsche is using on the new Cayenne.
An added inconvenience is that outside of major towns and cities you struggle to find anywhere that can handle 22" tyre fitment.

audi321 said:
Hi all. I've just agreed a purchase on a lovely 2003 Cayenne S 4.5 Tiptronic. 70k miles for just £7,500. What a lot of car for the money!

Car is totally standard at the moment and I can't help myself but I feel the need for some modifications (subtle) for the exterior.

Does anyone know of a nice front bumper upgrade which doesn't require too much hacking of anything to fit? Also are 22" wheels generally considered to be the best size?

Any advice would be appreciated!

congrats

Best wheels sizes are actually no more than 20", 19 & 20 work fine

I too have just purchased one a 2004 , mine came with 19" wheels, i was thinking of 22" but have been convinced it would rattle my teeth out ! so im toying with 21" or is it worth it ?
one thing i did do, was buy a bad boy sports exhaust ;) Design tek, cant wait for that to get fitted !

moss said:
I too have just purchased one a 2004 , mine came with 19" wheels, i was thinking of 22" but have been convinced it would rattle my teeth out ! so im toying with 21" or is it worth it ?
one thing i did do, was buy a bad boy sports exhaust ;) Design tek, cant wait for that to get fitted !

above 20" you'll have handling and ride issues, the latter being more of an issue

not forgetting tyre proices do jump at 21" and 22", but which ever option you go with, worth speaking to Exel Wheels www.exelwheels.co.uk to sourcing tyres for you and they might be able to get a set of wheels as well?

there is an appear for larger alloys for the looks, but it comes down to a person choice

i you have to go large than 21 is probably the most I would go on a 955 Gen car

The Cayenne at £7.5k is a bargain, but the price of some parts is quite extortionate, and many parts have ECU's that are then coded to the car, or are conveniently only available from OPC's, even the slightest bump and Insurance companies write them off as the slightest thing can create huge bills when using approved repairers and approved parts.
Worth keeping in mind before spending 40% of the cars value on exhausts and wheels.
As far as front bumper upgrades go, all the aftermarket ones are way over the top for my personal taste, with huge whale's-mouth like radiator cavities, and all seem to be produced in Poland in fibre glass.
I personally think that the aero kit/tech-quipment bits look ok, a bit more sporty but not too over the top, or just a turbo front bumper.
All just personal preference.[/code]

Welcome.

I picked mine up just this weekend too.

Personally I think the after-market bodykits give the car that little bit extra but it is all about personal taste.

The preference is to go with the Techart upgrades (Techart Magnum). They do an all round bodykit.

If you can see my Avatar I have the front done on mine.

Ive considered aftermarket alloys or larger ones but for now mine had OPC 20" ones - 22" have crossed my mind but maybe less so now given feedback from others but since mine in very good condition its not high on my list at the moment.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back