Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poss new owner... Panamera

verinder1

Monza
Hi guys, i might be looking to buy a porsche panamera (hybrid) to replace my gtr r35. Im looking for something smart which family would feel comfortable driving should they need to.

But my question is what sort of discount should i aim to achieve on the 85-90£k car?

I know my brother ordered an SQ5 last week and managed to get 10% off list.

Wanted to know what sort of discount you guys managed? I dont want to go into the dealer with an unrealistic figure.

Cheers

Verin

lots of variables;
presuming you are looking at speccing up a new car ?

I approached buying new with a final figure in mind, knowing that the base car was gong to have a fair chunk of options;
I then put my mandatory options on the base car, and added the wish list options, which took it over budget, and got the dealer to massage the price so that I ended up at budget.
it was prob about 12% off full list inc options if I remember correctly

can I ask - why a hybrid ?

If it's a new car, call round a couple of out of area dealerships and play one off the other?

I don't know what you would expect off a Pan to be honest!?

david_yorkshire said:
lots of variables;
presuming you are looking at speccing up a new car ?

I approached buying new with a final figure in mind, knowing that the base car was gong to have a fair chunk of options;
I then put my mandatory options on the base car, and added the wish list options, which took it over budget, and got the dealer to massage the price so that I ended up at budget.
it was prob about 12% off full list inc options if I remember correctly

can I ask - why a hybrid ?

Well I was thinking as a company car. i went to see a dealer and took one for a test drive. It does the job well. Im back in for a second test drive on sat and until then spec'ing up my ideal car.

Also test driving the tesla model S on sat.

looking forward to it. :)

I've had two drives of the Model S so far and I just can't put my finger on it, but there's something about it I just don't like.

It doesn't feel like the finished product, the model I was driving (in London) was very buggy, the door locks didn't work properly, the sunroof failed, the entire car felt like it lacked polish.

I was sorely disappointed as I have been waiting years on these hitting the UK shores and it's just not quite what I hoped.

But do let us know what you think, I might just have had awfully high standards.

(Oh and all the E-class Merc running gear really ground my gears. I do not expect that in a £100k car)

I've had an e hybrid as a courtesy car the passed few days. I costed the spec using the configuarator giving up as I passed £103k. Soft close doors at £507?
First off, the ride. I think its jaw droppingly good. Quite how they have made a car with 20" wheels and ribbon profile tyres glide over bumps like 205/60/15 is more a mystery than MH 370.

When you need more grunt pushing the sport plus button on the console made me feel like Hasslehoff in Knight Rider. When he pushed the legendary "turbo boost" button on Kitts dash. The uplift in performance and push back in the seat (combining sport plus with ze pedal to de floor) gets some kickdown, battery power, aggressive throttle map medley going on and really felt quite brisk.

For those used to a diet of modern performance cars I'm sure it's par for the course but I found the speeds the car sat happy at deceptive. At 88mph my 993 feels like Doc Browns time machine, it's all going on and you are well aware of your speed. Not at all in Pamela Ann. It's all very quiet, even on full throttle. No noise at all. Well, barely.

The tip box is great here as well. 8 speeds and proper seamless slurred changes. As for the hybrid bit. I started with the battery showing just under 100. Running on battery alone, gentle acceleration in town at town speeds, sunroof open, Bose on, phone connected, heated seat on. Battery spammed in under 30mins. It's then back to the engine.

Using e charge (the mode where the engine charges the battery as you drive ) really seems to hurt consumption as well.

I like it though. Mostly the ride. It feels just slightly unresolved. When you push on without being in sport plus the car feels like it's trying to keep up with the revs. They surge up and a moment later the car feels like it's picking up its skirt and trying to sprint. The suspension setting then also feels wallowy, though sport plus rectifies that and it's worth it as it's so comfortable at low speed.

Visually this car gets a lot of attention. More than a 991 I would wager. I think it looks imposing but it is a Tardis in reverse. Massive on the outside yet strangely nowhere near as big inside as that outward girth suggests.

The dash seems to divide opinion but I like it and prefer all the buttons to an I drive type system. Nothing is more intuitive than a button, certainly when compared to accessing menus and sub menus.

Love the caliper colour as well.

I reset the trip computer when I took it and over 300 miles averaged 28.5mpg. I think the diesel does better?

It is impressive overall though I wouldn't fancy owning it out of warranty.

There was a really nice one at the Exeter Macan evening , I think it was about £120'000 .
Looked really really good . Got to be a deal there if it's not gone already .

Can i ask how much discount you managed? I am also interested in one but feel its over priced compared to the diesel.

The cyenne diesel is £50k and the SE £61k
The panamera is £65k and the SE £84k

Broadspeed indicates a discount of about 5% on a factory spec'd car.

The fact you can just read this off the internet, makes me think it must be the starting point for a deal.

Pre-ordered / show-room stock may be another option - certainly when i came 'that close' to getting a boxster, the dealer told me that he could always do a better deal on a car they already own (obvious I guess).

Best of luck

tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back