Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DME relay fault ??/

SupersportJay

All

Parked the car end of November after the NEC Sporting Bears show, { 1989 3.2 } went to start today and wouldnt start, good cranking speed and smell fuel.... but no signs of wanting to start at all......

pulled a plug lead off and used a spare plug and no spark

IF the DME relay {which i gather is under the seat} has gone faulty would it stop the ECU sending power to the coil / sparks ???

I know they are approx £20 for an aftermarket one but just wanted advice on what the DME actually does or effect if it goes faulty.

many thanks in advance

In my view, from what you've said, it could be the DME relay that's at fault - the relay powers the Motronic unit and when it's faulty, the engine cranks but wont actually start.

If it's not the DME relay, the problem could lie with the fuel pump fuse that can blow (but you say fuel getting through?) or it could be one of the sensors on the flywheel relating to engine speed and crankshaft position which can be more difficult to sort.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back