Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 85
996 : 1997-2005 42
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 15
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: What next for 991 owners? Reply with quote

Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Maxie
General
General


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 8406
Location: London


PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

~ Maxie Dont know
_________________
Currently Porscheless, 2018 BMW 640d M Sport +
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxie wrote:
991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

~ Maxie Dont know


Thats a bit quick ain't it? 997 was 4 years wasn't it from 04-08?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
niall
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 36
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: What next for 991 owners? Reply with quote

dipesh.tank wrote:
Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?


Congrats! A totally different beast! Is it on order? If so, what do you spec/colour etc?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: What next for 991 owners? Reply with quote

niall wrote:
dipesh.tank wrote:
Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?


Congrats! A totally different beast! Is it on order? If so, what do you spec/colour etc?


yes its on order and currently in production and collect 1st march. Gone for the spec below:

Bianco avus
Scud sheild
Yellow callipers
Carbon fibre rear moulding
Diamond cut wheels
Large racing seats
Two tone red/black leather
Carbon fibre racing package
High power hifi
Rosso carpets
Horse on seat stitched in red
Centre stripe on seats in red with black stiching
Red leather headliner
Rear PDC
Nav
Contrasting stiching so on red parts its black and black on red parts of leather
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
findtom
Monza


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 214
Location: UAE


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, I often wonder where you go from owning a 911. For me Ferrari's are still cars that need lots of understanding and attention. Compared to Porsche which seem to "just work" and are at the other end of the spectrum. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule and the 458 is in my mind a masterpiece of both engineering and usability.

I'm only 4 months into my 991 ownership but already have an eye on what to replace it with. It's my only day to day car so a 458 is out, (for me it's not an everyday kind of car). Currently, (and this will change over the next 8 months or so), it could possibly be a Mclaren, an R8 or (most likely), a C4S with power kit.

I've had a few 911's and have changed brands many times, however every time without fail, I always come back to Porsche.

It's not that 911's are perfect, it's more that they offer (for me), the greatest balance of performance v usability v cost of any manufacturer. Add to that how much fun they are to drive and it's a no brainer.

Out of interest did you look at 911 turbo or GT3 v a 458?

Last edited by findtom on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

997c2s wrote:
It's funny, I often wonder where you go for owning a 911. For me Ferrari are still cars that need lots of understanding and attention. Compared to Porsche which seem to "just work" and are at the other end of the spectrum. Of course there are exceptions to this rule and the 458 is in my mind a master piece of both engineering and usability.

I'm only 4 months into my 991 ownership but already have an eye on what to replace it with. It's my only day to day car so a 458 is out, (for me it's not an everyday kind of car). At the moment (and this will change over the next 8 months or so), it could possibly be a Maclaren, an R8 or (most likely), a C4S with power kit.

I've had a few 911's and have changed brands many times, however every time without fail I always come back to Porsche.

It's not that 911's are perfect, it's more that they offer (for me), the greatest balance of performance v usability v cost of any manufacturer. Add to that how much fun they are to drive and it's a no brainer.

Out of interest did you look at 911 turbo or GT3 v a 458?


To be honest i've moved from e46 m3, to E350 CDI coupe, to E92 M3 DCT, to C63 AMG coupe perfomance pack and now to 991 C4S PDK coupe so its been a graudual step by step movement.

I researched the 458 and found that it is a car that can be used everyday which i will use everyday without fail. I know its not going to be as reliable as the 991 but they do give 4 year warranty and 7 years free servicing so must mean they are quite confident in the day to day use. After the 458 i plan to get the Huracan.

I will without a doubt come back to porsche and have my name down on the gen 2 991 turbo S.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
findtom
Monza


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 214
Location: UAE


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see where you are coming from. The style and performance alone are among the very best out there right now, (and there are some great cars available).

I haven't driven one, (the dealer here in Swindon did dangle that carrot), but if it drives even half as good as it looks, I might have to sell the children and get one. (Not sure I can get that one past my wife).

However, honestly a new one is a fair bit out of my reach. A lightly used one? Still a bit more than a used Mclaren and I think that would be my choice over a 458. I think the Mclaren is a great move from 911....

How did you find your Mercedes? I had a C63 before the 911 and I have never disliked a car more. Poor build quality and appalling customer (lack of) service means I will never ever buy a Mercedes again.

Last edited by findtom on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
findtom
Monza


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 214
Location: UAE


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxie wrote:
991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

~ Maxie Dont know


Where did you get your info from Maxie? Is this a high possibility?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
Maxie
General
General


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 8406
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

997c2s wrote:
Maxie wrote:
991.2 out late this year/early next. I don't know what the revisions are but early suggestions include a mild face-lift. I guess DAB may be standard, updated PCM and the steering rack from the 991 GT3 perhaps?

~ Maxie Dont know


Where did you get your info from Maxie? Is this a high possibility?


I read from another member on this forum that an OPC had informed him about the 2014/15 next Gen Carreras. I know nothing of the revised spec but opinionated what I believe to be realistic. A facelift is a given (as we saw midway through the 996 and 997 lifecycles). Considering the 991 was launched in 2011 with a life cycle of 7 years, then late 2014 early 2015 appears viable for a 991.2

~ Maxie
_________________
Currently Porscheless, 2018 BMW 640d M Sport +
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

997c2s wrote:
I can see where you are coming from. The style and performance alone are among the very best out there right now, (and there are some great cars available).

I haven't driven one, (the dealer here in Swindon did dangle that carrot), but if it drives even half as good as it looks, I might have to sell the children and get one. (Not sure I can get that one past my wife).

However, honestly a new one is a fair bit out of my reach. A lightly used one? Still a bit more than a used Mclaren and I think that would be my choice over a 458. I think the Mclaren is a great move from 911....

How did you find your Mercedes? I had a C63 before the 911 and I have never disliked a car more. Poor build quality and appalling customer (lack of) service means I will never ever my a Mercedes again.


Yes the macca a great move after the 911. The performance and technology is just out of this world on the mp4. Also agree about merc build quality which absolute pants. I had all sorts of rattles and creaking and the car was in the workshop around 5 times in 6 months however the 6.2 was a great engine. Customer service again i agree is crap. I've received a brilliant service from porsche leicester.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
911_AS
Imola


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 859
Location: London

2012 Porsche 991 Carrera S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's not that 911's are perfect, it's more that they offer (for me), the greatest balance of performance v usability v cost of any manufacturer. Add to that how much fun they are to drive and it's a no brainer.


Thumb

This is probably what most 911 owners (across the range) are compelled to agree with.
_________________
991.1 C2S. 2012. Basalt Black. PDK.
997.2 C2S. 2010. Meteor Grey. PDK. SOLD.
997.1 C2S. 2006. Basalt Black. Manual. SOLD.

Naturally Aspiring.

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Seventy Seven
Suzuka


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 1150
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

458.... Awesome! worship
_________________
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Range Rover Evoque, Dynamic Lux, Black (2015)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
chimp911
Zolder


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5836


2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

458 is definitely on my bucket list Cloud 9 but at the moment it's more likely that I'll keep my porker and get a 430 for weekends instead Grin

I've very little interest in the current 911 with the possible exception of the GT3 (RS) - that's not to say I don't like the 991, far from it, just that it doesn't seem to offer enough over my 997 to justify the additional layout...
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
niall
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 36
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: What next for 991 owners? Reply with quote

dipesh.tank wrote:
niall wrote:
dipesh.tank wrote:
Currently have a 991 4S PDK coupe. It's a fantastic car however i'm going italian in March (458 italia).

Any 991 owners changing to another brand? Be interested to know what the change has been?


Congrats! A totally different beast! Is it on order? If so, what do you spec/colour etc?


yes its on order and currently in production and collect 1st march. Gone for the spec below:

Bianco avus
Scud sheild
Yellow callipers
Carbon fibre rear moulding
Diamond cut wheels
Large racing seats
Two tone red/black leather
Carbon fibre racing package
High power hifi
Rosso carpets
Horse on seat stitched in red
Centre stripe on seats in red with black stiching
Red leather headliner
Rear PDC
Nav
Contrasting stiching so on red parts its black and black on red parts of leather


Nice spec. Enjoy. They are great cars. Make sure you post some pics when you get it.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
niall
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 36
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chimp911 wrote:
458 is definitely on my bucket list Cloud 9 but at the moment it's more likely that I'll keep my porker and get a 430 for weekends instead Grin

I've very little interest in the current 911 with the possible exception of the GT3 (RS) - that's not to say I don't like the 991, far from it, just that it doesn't seem to offer enough over my 997 to justify the additional layout...


I hear that. As a weekend tool the 430 is IMHO a better proposition than a 991 (as you say except maybe for the GT3). I replaced my Turbo with a 430 and have not looked back.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
chimp911
Zolder


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5836


2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niall wrote:
chimp911 wrote:
458 is definitely on my bucket list Cloud 9 but at the moment it's more likely that I'll keep my porker and get a 430 for weekends instead Grin

I've very little interest in the current 911 with the possible exception of the GT3 (RS) - that's not to say I don't like the 991, far from it, just that it doesn't seem to offer enough over my 997 to justify the additional layout...


I hear that. As a weekend tool the 430 is IMHO a better proposition than a 991 (as you say except maybe for the GT3). I replaced my Turbo with a 430 and have not looked back.


Envy pics please!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
niall
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2004
Posts: 36
Location: London


PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img][/code]
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
chimp911
Zolder


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5836


2011 Porsche 997 Turbo S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Cloud 9 Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
dipesh.tank
Trainee


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 70



PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice 430, f1 or manual?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum